Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

7 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Absolute Classic:

Holy shit this brought me back to when I was 10 playing Tony Hawk non stop on summer vacation. Good times!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Since88 said:

I want AVA, that's why I don't want him to come back. The music would be great though, we have Neighborhoods and DED as proof for that

The thing that pisses me off about this is how if Tom doesn't want to tour AvA and yet have an outlet for that music, he could easily do both that and Blink with some compromises. Instead we get half-assed Angels EPs and Blink without Tom. As much as I like Chasing Shadows, it feels like a demo EP to me. Spend 3 months off a year to work on AvA and his dumb hobbies, then work with Blink the rest. Everybody wins.

On 12/5/2018 at 10:14 PM, NJansaid said:

Meet Blink's newest producer!

I don't know how deep this decline will go, but it's getting more comical by the day. :(

source?

This is the kinda shit Mark naturally writes without Feldman forcing his usual methods. Tom was still in the band when Mark came up with these ideas.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

This is the kinda shit Mark naturally writes without Feldman forcing his usual methods. Tom was still in the band when Mark came up with these ideas.

This one still gives me chills.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Adrianm14 said:

This is an interesting listen incase anyone wants to hear about who Feldy is as a person. 

This was really good. That Tijuana story was one of the most fucked up stories you can think of jeez.  Something straight out of Black Mirror.

Like Feldy, always have, dude has a pretty cool back story and is super crafty.. I like his passion, fuck the haters (of him, not Cali/blink b.s.).

It's on Mark/Travis anyways, their band, and he's probably putting the most effort in.

54:30 he talks about blink, admits Grammy's are all political lol, basically says their demos were shit 

36 minutes ago, Speedo said:

That's gonna be a hard pass from me, thanks though.

Thanks for letting us know.

Lol Feldmann sued the police department and then donated it all to animal rights, what a legend.

I could honestly listen to Feldmann talk the music industry for hours. Endless amount of stories and insights.

9 hours ago, NJansaid said:

This one still gives me chills.

Yeah I want more of this sound. 

Matt wouldn't be able to play that riff though, poor sod. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Yeah I want more of this sound. 

Matt wouldn't be able to play that riff though, poor sod. 

Yes he could. my grandmother could play that riff. 

Just now, Kay said:

Yes he could. my grandmother could play that riff. 

The lead part where he is skipping over strings? I don't think so.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

The lead part where he is skipping over strings? I don't think so.

it's 4 notes, even Matt can do that. I could play that with my toes ffs.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Dunno, I'm sure your grandmother and your toes are better at playing lead guitar than Skiba too. He's got great rhythm though.

Cheeky cameo from Feldman at the end to disrupt their rhythm.

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Dunno, I'm sure your grandmother and your toes are better at playing lead guitar than Skiba too. He's got great rhythm though.

Cheeky cameo from Feldman at the end to disrupt their rhythm.

a strong part of me genuinely wants to see if I can play guitar with my toes. I'm thinking not lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Why can't he play whats my age again then?

• Like 1

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Why can't he play whats my age again then?

Whats My Age Again is a lot more difficult than that riff Mark plays. for a start, Whats My Age Again as a riff goes through like 5 of the strings in total (the bass note movement goes from the 4th, to the 5th, to the 6th, whilst the top end is the 3rd and 2nd continuously) it also involves some awkward stretching / precise positioning. Matt is an adult dude, probably has fairly big fingers, and that far up the fret board the frets are smaller, trying to squeeze that last 6th bass note with the top two can cause issues with the clarity of it. The riff itself isn't super hard, but compared to what Mark was playing in that clip it is a lot more complicated, faster, and more difficult to physically play. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1