Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

11 hours ago, NotNow said:

Famous people only get notifications from verified individuals, which is why he only responds to verified posts. Mark would never see tagged posts from this page if he doesn’t follow them or they are not verified.

edit: also to the Italian. There may be a language barrier but your post definitely was offensive and certainly implied all the things you claimed it doesn’t. I don’t know why mark would get in a huff about it and think him blocking you is ridiculous, but to say your post was benign is totally laughable.

11 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah, the way that Instagram post was worded seemed like it was taking a dig at blink. Like about Mark wanting to remain relevant or something. Any famous musician will take offence to that. Gotta remember Mark actually went through a writers block stage too. Before California, he wrote roughly around 20-25 songs since 2001? He'll definitely take something like that to heart.

There's no language barrier. I never said my post was benign, but I don't believe it was "definitely offensive", either. When it comes to feeling offended, there is a wide margin of discretion. It is indisputable that different people are offended by different things. Kevin was correct in arguing that all I did was stating facts without giving any value judgement - on a side note, I'm genuinely looking forward to blink's next album, regardless of who the producers are. In that specific instance, since I am aware that blink's producer choices are a controversial issue, I tried to strike a reasonable balance between being informative and encouraging debate. I understand that it is not always easy to convey the subtleties of language in writing online, thus leaving room for misunderstanding. Sensitive people might easily feel called out in such a post. More thick-skinned people wouldn't care. Each individual can make of that post whatever he feels like making. You are definitely entitled to think that I failed to maintain a neutral stance.

But all of this falls outside of the main point I was trying to raise, namely: 1) How did he end up on that post?; 2) Did it really bother him that much that he went out of his way to block us on two platforms? I agree with NotNow's first paragraph, which makes this whole situation even odder. 

Something still doesn't really add up, in my opinion.

12 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Something you should learn.

Just because people are famous and professional, they are still human. People with big fragile egos, like Mark,  who have the truth splashed up their face that they are washed up has beens who have writers block will very easily take it personally enough to go on and block you.

There is no mystery here.

You spoke the truth and Mark found it offensive. I applaud you for speaking it, and I applaud you for bringing it to Mark's attention. We are the fans, we are the customer. He deserves to know how we feel about his work.

Since everything's back to normal, I'll write this one last reply to Oliver and then close this case once and for all. There's no better way to end this than with a reply to the most entertaining member of this community!

First and foremost, I should start by saying that I was probably given undeserved credit, as that post wasn't explicitly addressed to Mark. It wasn't meant to be a "gotcha post" or anything. It was nothing more than a routine studio update within a broader explanatory context. This is what we do. Our mission is to update and entertain blink fans on a daily basis. We earned a moderately large following among other things because we put great effort into creating quality content, including informative news posts. I am aware that Mark takes all things blink to heart and, if this was the case, I believe that his disappointment was absolutely legitimate, as Speedo said. Perhaps, it was exacerbated by our friendly relations, which might have made such an admittedly ambiguous post even more unexpected to him. I concede that it might have been perceived as friendly fire in a sense, if you will. I'm sure he knows that some fans are not exactly ecstatic about this era and he surely doesn't need me to point that out. I mean, every post of his is inundated with haters. By contrast, I have been largely supportive of California.

There is in fact a mystery here to the extent that I'm still struggling to believe that not only did he bump into an old post of ours by some sheer chance, decided to open it, and read our long-winded caption, but he was so enraged that he went as far as to look us up on a different website altogether with the sole purpose of blocking us. This is definitely not like Mark. But it's all over now, so I'll try not to think about it, even though I'll admit that this was still a hurtful experience.

he probably got a dozen of questions from fans who referred to your instagram post. then he got bored of those questions, and blocked your account so now the tweets/insta comments containing your handler will not appear in his notifications. it can be as simple as this.

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

Mark's a little bitch these days, everyone knows it. 

Anyone who disagrees is in denial. 

Yup. A vegan white knight feminist cuck. Actually can’t stand the bloke 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Italian Throwaway said:

First and foremost, I should start by saying that I was probably given undeserved credit, as that post wasn't explicitly addressed to Mark. It wasn't meant to be a "gotcha post" or anything. It was nothing more than a routine studio update within a broader explanatory context. This is what we do. Our mission is to update and entertain blink fans on a daily basis. We earned a moderately large following among other things because we put great effort into creating quality content, including informative news posts. I am aware that Mark takes all things blink to heart and, if this was the case, I believe that his disappointment was absolutely legitimate, as Speedo said. Perhaps, it was exacerbated by our friendly relations, which might have made such an admittedly ambiguous post even more unexpected to him. I concede that it might have been perceived as friendly fire in a sense, if you will. I'm sure he knows that some fans are not exactly ecstatic about this era and he surely doesn't need me to point that out. I mean, every post of his is inundated with haters. By contrast, I have been largely supportive of California.

There is in fact a mystery here to the extent that I'm still struggling to believe that not only did he bump into an old post of ours by some sheer chance, decided to open it, and read our long-winded caption, but he was so enraged that he went as far as to look us up on a different website altogether with the sole purpose of blocking us. This is definitely not like Mark. But it's all over now, so I'll try not to think about it, even though I'll admit that this was still a hurtful experience.

Um, alright. Fair enough.

I only really disagree with the bolded. It is most definitely Mark. The guy walks around waiting to be offended. He is a snowflake. Even in recent interviews you can tell there are certain question that trigger him or are uncomfortable.

He has always been very sensitive. Despite what Davey says, there are old chats from 1998 and before where he gets into it with people who say Blink are sellouts. In fact, he stopped going on Blink's chat back in the day because he couldn't handle the negative.

It is far far worse now. Deep down he knows he is washed up, its the very opening line of California plainly states it, just take a listen. All his decisions with Blink are done from a stance of insecurity; from his stale setlists, to not taking any chances musically, to bringing on a songwriter.

This action is 100% definitely Mark.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yup. A vegan white knight feminist cuck. Actually can’t stand the bloke 

Tom Delonge created our favourite band.

Mark Hoppus destroyed it. 

• Like 3

He actually went out of his way to unblock you? Lol. *Skiba voice* The plot it thickens and growssss. How odd.

So the criticism made him butthurt, but then the outpour of criticism against him also made him butthurt enough to undo it? lol.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Tom Delonge created our favourite band.

Mark Hoppus destroyed it. 

100%. I fucking love his blink songs and plus 44 too ffs 😢 he’s a shadow of the man he used to be nqat 

• Sad 2

53 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

It is most definitely Mark. The guy walks around waiting to be offended. He is a snowflake. Even in recent interviews you can tell there are certain question that trigger him or are uncomfortable.

He has always been very sensitive. Despite what Davey says, there are old chats from 1998 and before where he gets into it with people who say Blink are sellouts. In fact, he stopped going on Blink's chat back in the day because he couldn't handle the negative.

He left the collectors group on facebook for the same reason because people were bitching about Feldy and California and they wanted Tom back. I know this for a fact because Mark's tech said that to a friend of mine who was following blink on tour last year. 

11 hours ago, Kevin. said:

we are talking about the same guy who cancelled an entire european +44 tour and ended the band because nobody knew who he was while opening for FOB. and i remember he criticized tom for playing blink at AVA shows, only to then do the same thing on that FOB tour. 

For real?? I was kinda out of the loop on anything Blink related at that point, what happened?

He’s such a sellout. He couldn’t give a fuck about the old blink fans who’ve been there for 10+ years, he’s just hoping for a big pop hit and a wave of new teen fans just like they did with enema and Toypaj. How we feel now is what Davey felt all those years ago. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

For real?? I was kinda out of the loop on anything Blink related at that point, what happened?

i guess no fan actually knows but that's the way it all looked from an outside perspective. +44 was going strong, really proud of the record, and committed to playing their material live without using blink as a crutch. then, they opened for FOB on the honda civic tour. nobody there knew who +44 was and i doubt many people paid attention to their set. that's when they started throwing blink songs in. after that, they had a pretty huge european tour booked that was abruptly cancelled so that they could "focus on the second album."  

obviously, that album never happened and was most likely never even going to happen. this is about the time mark started desperately hanging around younger scene guys in shitty bands 

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i guess no fan actually knows but that's the way it all looked from an outside perspective. +44 was going strong, really proud of the record, and committed to playing their material live without using blink as a crutch. then, they opened for FOB on the honda civic tour. nobody there knew who +44 was and i doubt many people paid attention to their set. that's when they started throwing blink songs in. after that, they had a pretty huge european tour booked that was abruptly cancelled so that they could "focus on the second album."  

obviously, that album never happened and was most likely never even going to happen. this is about the time mark started desperately hanging around younger scene guys in shitty bands 

Fascinating. Things like this are why we need an all-encompassing Blink documentary someday.

+44: the first and last time Mark has actually opened up, all to be squashed because some Europeans didn't know who they were as an opener?

Smh. 

Tbh, I don't think this blocking on Instagram is such a big deal. Sometimes they hire someone to just filter out all the spammy or negative stuff.

I'm more concerned about the fact they somehow keep becoming more embarrassing as time goes on and now have a Selena Gomez and Bieber producer/writer in collaboration? Ffs. When Feldmann factory sound wasn't enough damage.. They are slowly transforming into a pop group

14 hours ago, daveyjones said:

i think we've tread this ground one too many times; no, very much the opposite.

Let's delve into this more. 

• Like 2

Since the Fall Out Boy songs "Light It Up" and "Centuries" and" Uma Thurman" are some of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life, and those were sort of their big "we're a giant pop band now" hits that Blink is apparently trying to emulate, I'm very worried.

EDIT: I thought "High Hopes" was by them as well, turns out it's by Panic At The Disco. It too, is fucking horrible and an example of why I worry about Blink going this route.

• Like 1

I predict their next album will be so bad, that even the Feldbots like Ghent will be forced to admit they suck now.

Blink comes with such high expectations; you can't fill those expectations with some saw'd off prick writer for hire or a Justin Bieber producer playing guitar.

It is going to be trash.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1