Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

He left the collectors group on facebook for the same reason because people were bitching about Feldy and California and they wanted Tom back. I know this for a fact because Mark's tech said that to a friend of mine who was following blink on tour last year. 

Yeah, I was in the collectors group and this is true.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

+44: the first and last time Mark has actually opened up, all to be squashed because some Europeans didn't know who they were as an opener?

the european tours were headlining club tours and they sold well, from what i recall. the honda civic tour is a US summer tour. that's when they were supporting FOB. 

to be fair to Mark, I think he was offended by Tom doing blink songs and leaving the band. which I think is fine to feel that way.

him doing blink was him and Travis just owning up to them wanting to do blink still. which is honestly also fine.

3 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

to be fair to Mark, I think he was offended by Tom doing blink songs and leaving the band. which I think is fine to feel that way.

him doing blink was him and Travis just owning up to them wanting to do blink still. which is honestly also fine.

i agree with the first part about why they were offended by tom doing it but i do think the entire reason +44 threw the songs in half way through a FOB tour was due to lukewarm reception. it's like they felt the need to tell people who was in the band on stage. not because they missed blink too much. it's like the cliche "do you even know who i am?" line when a famous person gets a speeding ticket 

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Since the Fall Out Boy songs "Light It Up" and "Centuries" and" Uma Thurman" are some of the worst songs I've ever heard in my life, and those were sort of their big "we're a giant pop band now" hits that Blink is apparently trying to emulate, I'm very worried.

So fucking true.  Those songs were legit painful to my ears. Thought it was a different band.  How were those even so big? I dug old FOB, especially Dance Dance.

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

EDIT: I thought "High Hopes" was by them as well, turns out it's by Panic At The Disco. It too, is fucking horrible and an example of why I worry about Blink going this route.

High Hopes actually is okay, I mean it's panic at the Disco, never done much better.

Blink is going this route though.  It's official.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i agree with the first part about why they were offended by tom doing it but i do think the entire reason +44 threw the songs in half way through a FOB tour was due to lukewarm reception. it's like they felt the need to tell people who was in the band on stage. not because they missed blink too much. it's like the cliche "do you even know who i am?" line when a famous person gets a speeding ticket 

Yeahhhhhh, maybe I'm just giving Mark the benefit of the doubt here. I would definitely feel the same about it. I would absolutely drop a few blink hits on songs where I was opening for FOB that I knew were gonna get people moving. Also there were fans of +44 who wanted to hear some blink songs.

2 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I predict their next album will be so bad, that even the Feldbots like Ghent will be forced to admit they suck now.

Blink comes with such high expectations; you can't fill those expectations with some saw'd off prick writer for hire or a Justin Bieber producer playing guitar.

It is going to be trash.

tumblr_o3h0r1WX0X1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

It's funny that the +44 cover of What's My Age Again? is better than the current Blink performances. That plug Shane Gallagher could play the intro riff better than Skiba can.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

It's funny that the +44 cover of What's My Age Again? is better than the current Blink performances. That plug Shane Gallagher could play the intro riff better than Skiba can.

https://youtu.be/xGPQJdwkZas?t=198

i find it really interesting that they chose shane and craig. from what i understand, they were actually in the same circle as tim armstrong and a lot of those california punk guys. craig does the spoken word on an alkaline trio song called warbrain. they were a total 180 from who they surround themselves with now. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark lurking the boards to catch up on Blink Italia drama, as the bleached dildo finishes writing the next Blink album:

QxG8Ppo.png

Man, Mark was quite the sexy dude for most of Blink's duration, he's looking pretty awful and Grandpa like these days.  Must be all that vegan food and lack of meats 

10 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

i find it really interesting that they chose shane and craig. from what i understand, they were actually in the same circle as tim armstrong and a lot of those california punk guys. craig does the spoken word on an alkaline trio song called warbrain. they were a total 180 from who they surround themselves with now. 

Yeah, they're all from the same scene. California music scene. I mean these were guys who'd shake hands on the stage with NOFX and shit like that. Then after the +44 days, Mark started hanging out with the likes of Pete Wentz and All Time Low. Now it's even worse. They're hanging out with songwriters that have helped the likes of Justin Bieber. I don't think the new album will be shit but I think that's cause my expectations are that low, I'll end up actually liking the album. I don't really mind blink going more pop. They do it well in songs like Boxing Day. Even Tom has had kinda poppy songs like Suburban Kings. It'd make a solid blink sound.

But they don't need a bunch of co-writers to do that. It's fucking Mark & Skiba. Two of the best lyricists there are from pop punk/punk rock. Yet somehow, they've been led to believe they're not good anymore. I wanna hear the damn blink songs that were there before Feldman. There was no way they were shit like Feldman would have made people believe. Before California, Mark & Skiba were consistent as hell when writing great songs. They can't just be shit overnight. This new album won't be blink-182. Boxcar Racer is closer to being blink-182 than what this album will be IMO. It's basically two guys from blink with like 10 other co-writers.

They're no different to what One Direction or something are. They were 4 guys who'd write songs but also have like 10 other guys helping out. I've got no problem with that. Yeah, punk bands have had co-writers and shit. But not blink. Blink always was 3 guys writing songs together, without giving two flying fucks what people thought of them. And they had a producer that tried to make them very same songs sound better, and not one that gets them to drop the whole thing and hire a bunch of co-writers to help out. There's too much input. Every single idea should start off from Mark, Skiba or Travis. Even if I love this upcoming album, it'll have a tainted feel to it. It's not blink. It's just a side project that includes Mark & Travis from blink and 10 other dudes all with equal amount of input and happens to use the name blink. Boxcar Racer and +44 are more blink than what "blink" are nowadays.

• Like 2

I feel like cali part 3 will do well enough that they still wont realize its trash. Like it or not, theres a whole new group of fans because of Cali, and theyll support the next shitty album enough for them to keep on going with this joke of a band

people are commenting on how weird mark's eyebrows look in his new instagram post. how long until he deletes the picture out of insecurity and gets nicer ones tattooed on his forehead?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Scott. said:

Yup. A vegan white knight feminist cuck. Actually can’t stand the bloke 

As long as he doesn’t put out bullshit liberal political garbage like greenday does,

once he starts pushing his weird hippie vegan leftist lifestyle into his music , blink is done. The best thing about blink has been their almost no existence of politics In their music, lets hope it stays that way

• Like 3