Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

I can't imagine being in my 40's, set for life, having sold millions of millions of albums, gained worldwide acclaim.....

And sitting in a studio like a little bitch having people write my music, tell me what to do, pacify a label, write tweeny songs that sell.

Where is your head at when you do that shit?

• Like 1

no it isn't was released today 12 years ago on toms birthday...  you really showed tom who's boss there mark, real mature

good song though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, knapton said:

I feel like cali part 3 will do well enough that they still wont realize its trash. Like it or not, theres a whole new group of fans because of Cali, and theyll support the next shitty album enough for them to keep on going with this joke of a band

I'll be really interested to see if that's the case, because I mean.... is there REALLY a whole new group of fans because of Cali? I know it sold well and had a hit song on the rock charts (which I loved), but I assume a huge majority of that success was from a mixture of longtime Blink fans, people who enjoyed their hits back in the day and heard Bored To Death on the radio, and people intrigued by Blink + Matt Skiba.

One of my friends is a giant lifelong Alkaline and Blink fan and he was looking forward to Cali more than any other album that year, by now he's about to disown Skiba out of embarrassment. I'm just not sure the mixture of circumstances around the Cali release and the route they ended up taking is sustainable, but we'll see! If this shift to pop songwriters works and they end up having a giant pop radio hit then it's all moot anyway.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

backing whoas and na na nas. 

You know when I first heard Wishing Well, before it grew on me, I hated the La-da-da-di-da-da's Tom threw in before the chorus, but I'd take those over Feldy's nanana's any day.

Just now, vic vinegar said:

You know when I first heard Wishing Well, before it grew on me, I hated the La-da-da-di-da-da's Tom threw in before the chorus, but I'd take those over Feldy's nanana's any day.

nah I still hate those. and the chorus. and most of the song. like I hate Cali, and I hate Feldmann, but some of Toms sins will forever be marked in my memory. 

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Here is the buffoon howling:

I'll hold off on shitting on that for now haha, just based on the tiny clip it could be a cool Beach Boys thing like in that one weird but cool Mark solo song from a few years ago

1 minute ago, Kay said:

nah I still hate those. and the chorus. and most of the song. like I hate Cali, and I hate Feldmann, but some of Toms sins will forever be marked in my memory. 

I'm saying best case scenario here.

3 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Love that song, especially the la's 

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Love that song, especially the la's 

It grew on me for sure. But the first time I heard it I remember thinking something like, "The guys on the board are gonna have a field day with the La's sounding too AVA-like."

Btw nice to hear from you again Speedo. Hope you've been well and the music is going good.

6 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

It grew on me for sure. But the first time I heard it I remember thinking something like, "The guys on the board are gonna have a field day with the La's sounding too AVA-like."

Btw nice to hear from you again Speedo. Hope you've been well and the music is going good.

Oh, I've loved it since the first time I heard it. I used to sing along to the La's with a harmony that led into the chorus because Mark didn't bother to do it. The lyrics are a bit dopey but I stopped paying attention to Blink lyrics with Untitled.

Thanks, bud, good to be back, feeling pretty good these days! The music is going ... slowly ... just bought a laptop to do some demoing on so it should pick up! Thanks for asking, how have you been?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

but some of Toms sins will forever be marked in my memory

this. it's easy to hate on mark right now, and the hate is justified IMO. i don't know what direction he's trying to take this band in, but 95% of the fanbase hates it. he's really fucking up their legacy, like tom stated. but those words from tom were uttered with the same sense of self-importance and grandeur that he's had for over a decade... like he wasn't fucking up the legacy by dragging them along for years, like he didn't quit in the first place for being too controlling, for having a jesus complex, for tricking mark/trav into a modlife deal, for trying to fire travis randomly, to making the band sign a record deal and then drop out days later. at this point, i'm very unhappy with what mark is doing, but like you said, in my mind, some of the stuff tom did was the real downfall of this band. it's easy to forget that in these times. people these days are praising tom left and right, but this is the same dude who recycles guitar riffs, drunkenly croaks like a dying frog onstage, and is completely disingenuous regarding the band and its legacy.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Oh, I've loved it since the first time I heard it. I used to sing along to the La's with a harmony that led into the chorus because Mark didn't bother to do it. The lyrics are a bit dopey but I stopped paying attention to Blink lyrics with Untitled.

Thanks, bud, good to be back, feeling pretty good these days! The music is going ... slowly ... just bought a laptop to do some demoing on so it should pick up! Thanks for asking, how have you been?

It's a dope song. Really enjoy it as more time passes. Though Mark singing really might've helped push a fuller sound.

As for me, still running around taking dance and music video gigs for different dance companies and bands. Not enough time to sleep ever. Glad to here you're doing well!

5 minutes ago, boxelder said:

this. it's easy to hate on mark right now, and the hate is justified IMO. i don't know what direction he's trying to take this band in, but 95% of the fanbase hates it. he's really fucking up their legacy, like tom stated. but those words from tom were uttered with the same sense of self-importance and grandeur that he's had for over a decade... like he wasn't fucking up the legacy by dragging them along for years, like he didn't quit in the first place for being too controlling, for having a jesus complex, for tricking mark/trav into a modlife deal, for trying to fire travis randomly, to making the band sign a record deal and then drop out days later. at this point, i'm very unhappy with what mark is doing, but like you said, in my mind, some of the stuff tom did was the real downfall of this band. it's easy to forget that in these times. people these days are praising tom left and right, but this is the same dude who recycles guitar riffs, drunkenly croaks like a dying frog onstage, and is completely disingenuous regarding the band and its legacy.

Apples and oranges really to me. If the new music was good I wouldn't have a problem with current Mark, kinda like +44, which I was embracing before he abandoned it. Anyways Mark is recycling sounds (I still hear Feeling This and Adam's Song in BTD), he's got Matt onstage shouting out of tune and fucking up the lyrics and guitar parts, and he's got pop producers. You can argue at least he showed up, unlike Tom, but really in my opinion Mark hasn't truly shown up in years.

This band is in shambles and is literally just an ATM machine now.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, boxelder said:

for trying to fire travis randomly

Hahaha jesus I forgot about this. Yeah there is no doubt that he caused the downfall of Blink (twice) and turned it into a frustrating half-hearted version of itself when he actually bothered to be in the band at all, can't blame Mark there. Unfortunately in the smoldering aftermath we have Mark desperately flinging shit at the wall to see what sticks and it's somehow just as annoying and embarrassing since he was the one who kept his dignity through all the other bullshit over the years. Like @vic vinegar was getting at, Mark kinda gave up having the upper hand by the way he's handling Blink now.

• Like 1

Tom said he wanted to fire Travis for apparently saying he would kill Shanna.

https://www.tmz.com/2015/01/16/travis-barker-shanna-moakler-arrested-death-threats-fight/

How true this is maybe suspect, but it also doesn't really bode well nowadays.

8 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Apples and oranges really to me. If the new music was good I wouldn't have a problem with current Mark, kinda like +44, which I was embracing before he abandoned it. Anyways Mark is recycling sounds (I still hear Feeling This and Adam's Song in BTD), he's got Matt onstage shouting out of tune and fucking up the lyrics and guitar parts, and he's got pop producers. You can argue at least he showed up, unlike Tom, but really in my opinion Mark hasn't truly shown up in years.

facts

Just now, _Kyle_ said:

Tom said he wanted to fire Travis for apparently saying he would kill Shanna.

https://www.tmz.com/2015/01/16/travis-barker-shanna-moakler-arrested-death-threats-fight/

How true this is maybe suspect, but it also doesn't really bode well nowadays.

he said he was fire trav during the 2013 australian tour, for engaging in shady shit with that promoter over twitter. i think he was just mad he wouldn't get on a plane and come (travis mentions in his book he had to send photos of his wounds to "one band member" who didn't think flying was a big deal). also, brooks was doing a kickass job and he probably thought to himself, "what do we need travis for?"

the shanna thing is different. he mentioned it in his infamous instagram meltdown briefly, and then deleted it