Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

he said he was fire trav during the 2013 australian tour, for engaging in shady shit with that promoter over twitter. i think he was just mad he wouldn't get on a plane and come (travis mentions in his book he had to send photos of his wounds to "one band member" who didn't think flying was a big deal). also, brooks was doing a kickass job and he probably thought to himself, "what do we need travis for?"

the shanna thing is different. he mentioned it in his infamous instagram meltdown briefly, and then deleted it

yup you're right.

I do wonder if there's more to that whole thing that Tom maybe knows. I think them parting with Travis wasn't entirely unfounded considering his personal life. Mark certainly entertained the idea of it since Tom claims they spent a week talking about with managers.

• Like 1

Not feeling any hype for a new blink album to be honest. I’d be more happy with some new side project stuff coming from Mark or Tom. Wish Mark would just drop Blink and focus on +44. But instead he’s focusing on making the most money and just using Blink’s legacy to do so. 

37 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I feel like we're all on a sinking ship and @Ghent and @JarJarBlinks are still paddling away thinking everything will be ok. 

To me Cali sounds like Enema and Toypaj (minus Tom's riffs) and while I admit the songwriters do make my inner 16 year old super-punk rocker cringe, the songs sound the same and I don't need to deal with Tom fucking shit up anymore.  I'm pretty happy with the band, although I'm regretting getting to know Skiba better.  I liked him more when he was the mysterious guy from Alk3; he's a little too weird for me but I love his voice. 

All the Mark stuff is fan-fic and annoying so I've been trying to stay out of this thread.  

So, TLDR; I think blink sounds like blink, so therefore I am pumped for more blink.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

he said he was fire trav during the 2013 australian tour, for engaging in shady shit with that promoter over twitter. i think he was just mad he wouldn't get on a plane and come (travis mentions in his book he had to send photos of his wounds to "one band member" who didn't think flying was a big deal). also, brooks was doing a kickass job and he probably thought to himself, "what do we need travis for?"

the shanna thing is different. he mentioned it in his infamous instagram meltdown briefly, and then deleted it

It was more like Travis was going to sue his own band or refuse to let them play a show in Aus unless he got $1 million.

Travis should have been fired.

Tom had his head on straight for once.

• Like 2

I remember people hating the ladadas on here. I also remember people making fun of Tom for coming up with the yodels too much in songs like Surrender, the War etc. Now we look back on it and realise Tom only did this for 1-3 songs an album. I don't hate nananas. They're great for 1-2 songs. All the Small Things and the Party Song were the 2 songs on a 12 song album with nananas. TOYPAJ had Online Songs. Just one song out of like 13-14. Nearly the whole of California has some form of nananas, woahs, ohhhs, yeah yeahs, oh-ehs. We all thought Tom was ridiculous for overusing ladadas and yodels but he doesn't even come close to overusing them compared to California.

1-2 songs is fine. Anything more than that is iffy. Anything more than 4 takes the piss. Even the fucking Offspring use less woahs than blink. And gang vocals don't belong in blink at all. That's some ATL crap. They can fuck right off. It ain't blink with gang vocals.

The gang vocals have no place in a song like this either. This is what blink sound like now. There's a massive difference in this song compared to the original version. Blink of today sound more like All Time Low replicating blink.

19 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I remember people hating the ladadas on here. I also remember people making fun of Tom for coming up with the yodels too much in songs like Surrender, the War etc. Now we look back on it and realise Tom only did this for 1-3 songs an album. I don't hate nananas. They're great for 1-2 songs. All the Small Things and the Party Song were the 2 songs on a 12 song album with nananas. TOYPAJ had Online Songs. Just one song out of like 13-14. Nearly the whole of California has some form of nananas, woahs, ohhhs, yeah yeahs, oh-ehs. We all thought Tom was ridiculous for overusing ladadas and yodels but he doesn't even come close to overusing them compared to California.

1-2 songs is fine. Anything more than that is iffy. Anything more than 4 takes the piss. Even the fucking Offspring use less woahs than blink. And gang vocals don't belong in blink at all. That's some ATL crap. They can fuck right off. It ain't blink with gang vocals.

"Whoas" are not nearly as lame as "yodeling".  

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

Yeah the yodels and shit can't be defended whatsoever haha

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Yeah the yodels and shit can't be defended whatsoever haha

The yodels sound like a stupid Tom experiment. But it wasn't constantly repeated as part of a formula is the thing.

• Like 2

I'm def still looking forward to new Blink, I'm going to try and refrain from the Feldy hate. It is what it is, it isn't changing. These other co-writers bum me out, and I don't even want their damn harmonies on a Blink album, but we'll see how it turns out. It may end up being my favorite song on the album, who knows.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

The gang vocals have no place in a song like this either. This is what blink sound like now. There's a massive difference in this song compared to the original version. Blink of today sound more like All Time Low replicating blink.

I listened to the first half of that and now I need to listen to the original as a palate cleanser.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Think You missed the point.

We all agree that yodeling is more lame but it's even lamer to do use the same shit in every single song.

• Like 1

Lately I've been thinking "what if" they got someone like Mike Herrera from MXPX to replace Tom instead of Skiba?

He's besties with Feld-God(plays in Goldfinger now), likes pop-punk, and isn't creepily goth like Skiba.  His voice is also slightly nasally and would match better with Mark.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Lately I've been thinking "what if" they got someone like Mike Herrera from MXPX to replace Tom instead of Skiba?

He's besties with Feld-God(plays in Goldfinger now), likes pop-punk, and isn't creepily goth like Skiba.  His voice is also slightly nasally and would match better with Mark.

Yeah better fit overall, except he's besties with Feldmann so he would continue his infiltration and overthrow of blink even easier.