Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

7 minutes ago, plusavablinker said:

According to a fan on instagram that was with Skiba in an art exposition the new album is coming out early 2019, he has a picture with skiba so the info is 100% true

Yeah, that's not how verifying information works.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

They have to be getting close. If it’s a true Cali 3 summer vibe I think it’ll be April/May to line up with another summer tour. If it’s darker with no boundaries, maybe earlier. Would love some new Blink for the winter! 

All things considered, things have been kept pretty secret. (No clips/titles/etc) so hoping they surprise us out of nowhere in late Jan/Feb with a single.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, plusavablinker said:

According to a fan on instagram that was with Skiba in an art exposition the new album is coming out early 2019, he has a picture with skiba so the info is 100% true

Are you referring to FamousBurro? I saw he was with Skiba at his art thing

40 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

"The blink-182 album California helped me through my psychosis" is not something I ever thought I'd read. Good on him though.

Refreshing to see that after all the psychosis it has caused some of you guys, that it is curing it as well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

"The blink-182 album California helped me through my psychosis" is not something I ever thought I'd read. Good on him though.

I've learned every song and album ever released has saved somebody's life. Also it's considered insensitive and ignorant to scoff at.

I hate people

• Like 1

Although I hate how they went about California, there is never any denying how inspirational blink can be. They might be 40-50 writing similar songs they grew out of writing about 15 years ago, but at the end of the day, those very same songs are stuff that teenagers & young adults relate to. Good for blink. If it wasn't for them, I don't know what the hell I'd be doing. They're a massive reason why I do what I do. Blink always will be some kind of inspiration to me. California definitely has its bright points. Bored to Death is a quality song. I'm glad it exists. Plus I love songs like LA, Bottom of the Ocean, Long Lost Feeling, San Diego and HISALP. I even love Built This Pool. Glad that song exists too.

Blink might possibly do a California Part 3. But I know there will be about 5 songs I'll love. I'll just add them to a playlist with the tracks I've just mentioned. That'll be my California album. Did the same thing with Neighborhoods mixed in with a couple of solo Tom tracks & AVA tracks.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Although I hate how they went about California, there is never any denying how inspirational blink can be. They might be 40-50 writing similar songs they grew out of writing about 15 years ago, but at the end of the day, those very same songs are stuff that teenagers & young adults relate to. Good for blink. If it wasn't for them, I don't know what the hell I'd be doing. They're a massive reason why I do what I do. Blink always will be some kind of inspiration to me. California definitely has its bright points. Bored to Death is a quality song. I'm glad it exists. Plus I love songs like LA, Bottom of the Ocean, Long Lost Feeling, San Diego and HISALP. I even love Built This Pool. Glad that song exists too.

Blink might possibly do a California Part 3. But I know there will be about 5 songs I'll love. I'll just add them to a playlist with the tracks I've just mentioned. That'll be my California album. Did the same thing with Neighborhoods mixed in with a couple of solo Tom tracks & AVA tracks.

Blink inspired me to not ever take yourself too seriously, and even famous people with influence can not take themselves too serious.  While also having some of the most unique and awesome music out there.

Now they take themselves very seriously, are a bunch of vegan hipsters with sticks constantly lodged up their ass when dealing with fans/critics, play like every other band, and can't write good music anymore.

Not sure what you're getting at.

22 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Blink inspired me to not ever take yourself too seriously, and even famous people with influence can not take themselves too serious.  While also having some of the most unique and awesome music out there.

Now they take themselves very seriously, are a bunch of vegan hipsters with sticks constantly lodged up their ass when dealing with fans/critics, play like every other band, and can't we're good music anymore.

Not sure what you're getting at.

What I mean is that they've always been a band that people from 15-25 years old can easily relate to. Even the smiley face album and Neighborhoods are kinda like that to an extent but with way more mature themes, which makes them relatable for adults too. There are still people that can relate to California. Hell, even I still relate to nearly all the songs, just I can't stand the majority of how the album sounds. I don't view themselves as being too serious. Perhaps personality wise I agree, but their songs aren't as serious as +44, Boxcar Racer, AVA and the previous two blink albums.

Majority of us on these boards might not relate to who blink are right now because I definitely agree, I love who blink used to be. I loved their humour back then. I loved the jokes that they'd talk about on the stage, even during the reunion. Hilarious band. I loved that they gave no flying fucks about how shit they sounded live too. If you're talking about all that, then yeah I agree. But I mean just the California album. Even if it's shitty teenage stuff that none of us don't wanna listen to anymore, there will always be people that will get into blink and think the same way about the music as we once did. As for people like us, we'll always have the old blink stuff to listen to for that.

I remember Tom going on about how he wanted AVA to be this band that saved peoples lives. But he already had that with blink. Blink are still gonna write music (co-write with others should I say) that people will listen to and be inspired by, even if most of us on these boards don't like what they did with California.

9 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

What I mean is that they've always been a band that people from 15-25 years old can easily relate to. Even the smiley face album and Neighborhoods are kinda like that to an extent but with way more mature themes, which makes them relatable for adults too. There are still people that can relate to California. Hell, even I still relate to nearly all the songs, just I can't stand the majority of how the album sounds. I don't view themselves as being too serious. Perhaps personality wise I agree, but their songs aren't as serious as +44, Boxcar Racer, AVA and the previous two blink albums.

Majority of us on these boards might not relate to who blink are right now because I definitely agree, I love who blink used to be. I loved their humour back then. I loved the jokes that they'd talk about on the stage, even during the reunion. Hilarious band. I loved that they gave no flying fucks about how shit they sounded live too. If you're talking about all that, then yeah I agree. But I mean just the California album. Even if it's shitty teenage stuff that none of us don't wanna listen to anymore, there will always be people that will get into blink and think the same way about the music as we once did. As for people like us, we'll always have the old blink stuff to listen to for that.

I remember Tom going on about how he wanted AVA to be this band that saved peoples lives. But he already had that with blink. Blink are still gonna write music (co-write with others should I say) that people will listen to and be inspired by, even if most of us on these boards don't like what they did with California.

I think I get where you're coming from.  You listen to a lot of alt stuff on the radio, and where it's all cool sounding and what not, it's all just kind of random stuff you can't relate to, but sounds good.  Blink panders more, and not necessarily a bad way, the audience.  The everyday life, etc.

• Like 1