Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah he's joking about changing the actual name of the band, but the "full on black metal" comment is legit - and super exciting IMO. I'm totally down with darker Blink, and for the Cali haters -- the fact that he says it's so different that it's dang near unrecognizable as Blink should be a GOOD sign.

I meant he was joking about full on black metal, seemed pretty obvious to me

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I meant he was joking about full on black metal, seemed pretty obvious to me

In the most literal sense, yes, but I interpret it as basically saying the new stuff is heavier and vastly different than Cali/previous Blink to the point of where he jokingly implies they should change their name.

8 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

In the most literal sense, yes, but I interpret it as basically saying the new stuff is heavier and vastly different than Cali/previous Blink to the point of where he jokingly implies they should change their name.

Yeah we'll see! For some reason I got the sense that it was just a 100% comedic quip haha like if he would've said "oh yeah you guys won't believe it, the new stuff is straight country it's gonna blow your minds"

Hopefully we'll find out soon enough what it actually sounds like!

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

He admits to saying he actually hasn’t heard any of the new music like 1 minute later in the video. The whole thing was a joke

6 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Or just a bunch of songs like 6/8 

God I hope not. I like that song but it's still unoriginal as fuck. Just sounds like Sum 41 from the Screaming Bloody Murder album. That's not blinks sound. I hope they don't sound like the Used either if they go dark. Just want something original. No ripping off other bands or trying to force their old sound back.

• Like 4

Yeah he's joking about changing the actual name of the band, but the "full on black metal" comment is legit - and super exciting IMO. I'm totally down with darker Blink, and for the Cali haters -- the fact that he says it's so different that it's dang near unrecognizable as Blink should be a GOOD sign.

Agreed

It's beyond clear from that video, it it wasn't obvious already, that Matt's heart is in Alk and he's way more comfortable and real there.  Not that this is any big revelation..but he gives no shits about blink. Probably pulling a Delonge to throw in some yodels/whoas, cash out, and fund whatever he cares about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

He admits to saying he actually hasn’t heard any of the new music like 1 minute later in the video. The whole thing was a joke

I didn't catch that last night and it's blocked at work - so if that's true I am way off on that, and apologize -- and that is a random dumb joke by Dan.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

God I hope not. I like that song but it's still unoriginal as fuck. Just sounds like Sum 41 from the Screaming Bloody Murder album. That's not blinks sound. I hope they don't sound like the Used either if they go dark. Just want something original. No ripping off other bands or trying to force their old sound back.

Oooof, I can't stand that song, comparing it to Sum 41 is more of a compliment than I would give it. For some reason it sounds more like those awful butt-rock bands like Breaking Benjamin or something.

• Like 2

Dark was Stockholm Syndrome and Obvious.

Los Angeles and 6/8 are mid life crisis I have a wholesome family and a Labrador retriever dark.

• Like 7

Here are some photos from the holidays I didn't get a chance to upload until now:

12/17/18, Feldy post:

nz7asRT.png

12/18/18, Daniel post:

zC0vO8w.png

12/21/18, Robert posts:

jzoJHmU.png

H1msN7t.png

jB3UaEE.png

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Just to be clear for anyone who doesn't watch the vid, he is joking. haha

Still not a bad suggestion.

12 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Or just a bunch of songs like 6/8 

i was being sarcastic...

I'm expecting something like cali deluxe.... but who knows, we might get something decent

13 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Oooof, I can't stand that song, comparing it to Sum 41 is more of a compliment than I would give it. For some reason it sounds more like those awful butt-rock bands like Breaking Benjamin or something.

Sum 41 definitely do that sound better haha. It's more them after all. I'm just fed up of blink trying to sound like other bands. I get they tried to sound kinda like the Cure and all that from 2003 and onwards, but I saw that as more of a natural influence than them trying to copy other bands. Think the only bands they should try sound like is updated versions of +44/Alkaline Trio with elements of what influences them. That's who they naturally are anyway. Mark always wrote +44 style songs before Feldman came in. Shows on the verses of Hey I'm Sorry too. Skiba is the same with Sekrets/Trio. That's just his natural sound.

• Like 3

From Mark's IG story yesterday, he started by showing his guitar, then this, and ended the video with Feldy lol:

Qrc5BSf.png

From Mark's IG story yesterday, he started by showing his guitar, then this, and ended the video with Feldy lol:

Qrc5BSf.png

Why must he troll us so? It's not funny how much they rely on nana's and woah-oh's these days.