Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

Honestly, using that time to experiment a bit wouldn't be a bad idea. They already have the contracted shows. They could pick 8 songs they haven't done live in a long time or ever and play one every two nights and rotate, judge crowd reaction that way; develop a less tired setlist. Im just saying, it isn't entirely infeasible. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Honestly, using that time to experiment a bit wouldn't be a bad idea. They already have the contracted shows. They could pick 8 songs they haven't done live in a long time or ever and play one every two nights and rotate, judge crowd reaction that way; develop a less tired setlist. Im just saying, it isn't entirely infeasible. 

Of course its possible, but it would shock the shit out of me if they did.

Mark has been playing it safe since 2004. Doing a couple of acoustic songs was like "OMG so out of the ordinary"

12 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Apparently the Pearl Theatre only holds 2,500 people. Seems like it could be a sweet intimate show to catch if you're in the area.

Well then it will likely sell out. They are basically doing club shows. Which is odd. I wonder what their angle is. That won't be a big payday.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

My hunch is that these Vegas shows will be the last place they would experiment on a set list at. Crowd will be full of randos and casuals there for the hits.

Changing out a song every other set isn't going to break the status quo. 

• Like 1

Just now, Olidamus said:

Mark has been playing it safe since 2004. Doing a couple of acoustic songs was like "OMG so out of the ordinary"

Well then it will likely sell out. They are basically doing club shows. Which is odd. I wonder what their angle is. That won't be a big payday.

maybe its just something fun to do while they write a record?

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

It's more likely we get All The Small Things 15 times in a row than an experimental setlist.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy030 said:

I'm still not expecting abything but a greatest hits set but it is what it is at this point. 

I mean, of course it'll be the same old setlist ... It would just be a good idea. A lot of bands will play smaller shows to do the same thing. That way you aren't doing it on an actual tour and you can get a pretty good consensus of what works and what doesn't. Blink generally doesn't do that so this Vegas stint would be the next best thing. They won't but they should. 

I'll admit, I am pretty damn jealous of them. I'd love to go to Vegas and make a ton of money playing shows. Would be like a dream. When I think of Vegas I think of losing money, this would be, the reverse of that.

I'd definitely grab a room in the penthouse, order up a few women, and some of those really good burgers they have via room service.

• Like 2

Just now, NotNow said:

A Vegas residency usually happens when the band is old and a nostalgia act. We’ve reached that point I guess ugh.

Or when you're so popular that you can attract a wide of variety of people to come and watch your show in a city where people go to lots of different kinds of shows.  

• Like 2

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

Or when you're so popular that you can attract a wide of variety of people to come and watch your show in a city where people go to lots of different kinds of shows.  

That’s one way to look at it.