Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

9 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Thats a bit misleading.

There are fees that bring the prices over the amounts listed.

Plus you are in a house with strangers; I am sorry, but that kind of stuff creeps me the hell out.  I know its mostly in my head, but I am not taking a shower in a house with a stranger, who would have access to get into the room.

There are fees built in but they don't add too much, that one Jan posted was £414 for 4 nights (sleeps 6 people) - so that would be approx $580 divided by 6 = $96 for 4 nights.

Plus you have the whole house to yourself, so unless you have weird friends who like to walk in on you showering you should be all good. 

Have you ever actually used airbnb before?  I have booked at least 10 and have only ever had one questionable experience and even that wasn't that bad.

Dude you can get a room in the flamingo on the strip for under $100. Ive stayed there and its a perfectly fine hotel. Ive also stayed at an airbnb a block off the street and it was super nice and way cheaper. Your being a fucking idiot Oliver, stop it. 

1 hour ago, ...Dan... said:

There are fees built in but they don't add too much, that one Jan posted was £414 for 4 nights (sleeps 6 people) - so that would be approx $580 divided by 6 = $96 for 4 nights.

Plus you have the whole house to yourself, so unless you have weird friends who like to walk in on you showering you should be all good. 

Have you ever actually used airbnb before?  I have booked at least 10 and have only ever had one questionable experience and even that wasn't that bad.

Yeah, but you are assuming that you have that many people.

Also, from the listing, you don't have the whole house to yourself.

1 hour ago, knapton said:

Dude you can get a room in the flamingo on the strip for under $100. Ive stayed there and its a perfectly fine hotel. Ive also stayed at an airbnb a block off the street and it was super nice and way cheaper. Your being a fucking idiot Oliver, stop it. 

Sure, in the middle of the week. I guess you could stay there for under $100.

Certainly not Friday-Monday.

If me, as a single guy, wanted to find a decent quality hotel in Vegas for $60, it would be damn near impossible. The variables you are bringing up (such as having 6 people to a room, staying in a house with strangers, etc)

Are not valid variables.

Maybe I don't consider them valid because I do my own thing, I never rely on other people for dick, they usually are a letdown. If I was going to see Blink, I'd go alone and meetup. Hence why I didn't expect Speedo to pick me up and drop me off at the airport in Texas. I rented a car. I rely on myself.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

If me, as a single guy, wanted to find a decent quality hotel in Vegas for $60, it would be damn near impossible. The variables you are bringing up (such as having 6 people to a room, staying in a house with strangers, etc)

Are not valid variables.

Maybe I don't consider them valid because I do my own thing, I never rely on other people for dick, they usually are a letdown. If I was going to see Blink, I'd go alone and meetup. Hence why I didn't expect Speedo to pick me up and drop me off at the airport in Texas. I rented a car. I rely on myself.

I just sent you one that was $40 for a single person.

That was after 2 seconds of looking, you can find one with no others.

Honestly just trying to help, it is a good service. 

4 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its $63, and she looks forward to meeting guests........

ew

Just a polite welcome, you're the one with the issue here.

I've met plenty of airbnb owners who have welcomed me/us - showed us where everything is and then just vanished for the whole weekend

There are plenty of people giving you viable options if you ever wanted to do this trip but seems like you're desperate to find a way it can't be done - don't worry Oliver, you don't have to do it if you don't want too. 

6 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I am not trying to shit on your help or make excuses......I guess I am just old fashioned. This is definitely a millennial thing, ain't it?

Same goes for UBER, I won't do it. I am in Chicago and my cousin hits a button on his phone, 2 mins later and dude shows up to pick him up and he's gone. Creepy as hell.

You ever see that movie The Bone Collector. Uber just reminds me of the opening scene. 

5 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I am not trying to shit on your help or make excuses......I guess I am just old fashioned. This is definitely a millennial thing, ain't it?

Same goes for UBER, I won't do it. I am in Chicago and my cousin hits a button on his phone, 2 mins later and dude shows up to pick him up and he's gone. Creepy as hell.

No it's not a millennial thing, it's also not a snowflake/liberal thing in case you're thinking it. 

Some people just like the convenience of Uber and like the good deals Airbnb give.

Maybe we should get a horse and cart to the travel agent instead?

• Like 1