Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

Jut saw this:

https://lasvegasmagazine.com/interviews/qa/2018/may/18/mark-hoppus-blink-182-pearl-palms-punk/#/0

Well, we want to make a show that appeals to people who are huge blink-182 fans, who have been following us forever and want to see some of the older stuff, some of the deeper cuts, but we also want to put on a great show for people who are in Vegas for the weekend, who decide, “I want to see blink-182,” so we’re trying to put together a set that will appeal to hardcore fans as well as people who are coming out to their first blink-182 show.

Which sounds to me like "I want peace in the world, and stop all wars".

Next year will be 20 years of Enema of the State, so it’s definitely something we’ve talked about and is on the horizon. I don’t know that we’ll do a whole album for the residency in Vegas, but it’s definitely something that we plan to do in the future.

HOLD YOUR HORSES.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I mean surely a big blink 20 year celebration should be in San Diego?

And counting with Tom. I just can't see any Enema celebration without Tom. I don't care if the band blah, or Tom bleh. If there's not gonna be there, you better don't celebrate anything.

#rant

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

And counting with Tom. I just can't see any Enema celebration without Tom. I don't care if the band blah, or Tom bleh. If there's not gonna be there, you better don't celebrate anything.

#rant

Yep an Enema celebration without Tom would be pointless. I really hope they don't do one with Matt.

I still can't believe that Tom left the band/Mark kicked him out just in time to ruin the 20 year anniversary of Dude Ranch, which was everything I was hoping for after the Untitled shows. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If they did an Enema anniversary tour with Matt and excluded Tom there's no fucking way Mark gives a fuck about anything other than whoring out the blink image while he can. God, never in my wildest dreams would I have ever thought the roles would be reversed where Mark is whoring out the blink name for his own financial gain. Tom does it to fund stupid shit, Mark does it to fund an image that doesn't exist anymore. It's all just so weird. 

• Like 1

Would that be different than what they do now or playing a Dude Ranch show without Scott? 

I see a problem with Blink without Tom in general, but I don't see how an Enema tour would be any worse.

44 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Would that be different than what they do now or playing a Dude Ranch show without Scott? 

I see a problem with Blink without Tom in general, but I don't see how an Enema tour would be any worse.

I never thouoght about Dude Ranch annyversary, to be fair, but definitely, if that wuold have happened, Scott should have been involved (unless he didn't want to).

And @Mau5, kinda agree with you. I'm only gonna say something: I think I never saw a band self destroying its image and legacy as blink, except for the worse years of Brian Wilson and The Beach Boys, late 70s and 80s (and a little bit of the 90s).

• Sad 1

That last question lol...

Take it. I’d be amiss if I didn’t ask, but does Tom have an invitation to join the band live?

Mark: We haven’t really talked about that at all. I mean, there’s no hard feeling or bad blood between us and Tom. He’s doing his thing and we support him entirely, but we haven’t talked about him coming out at all.

4 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Take it. I’d be amiss if I didn’t ask, but does Tom have an invitation to join the band live?

Mark: We haven’t really talked about that at all. I mean, there’s no hard feeling or bad blood between us and Tom. He’s doing his thing and we support him entirely, but we haven’t talked about him coming out at all.

Well at least it's good to know Tom has Mark's support............

I feel like ever since Travis was asked (again) about Tom that one time when they were in +44 and he said something along the lines of "fuck these Tom Delonge questions we're here to promote our band and our new material" and Kerrang came out with a front page cover with:  

"FUCK TOM DELONGE" -Travis Barker

they've learned to be more conservative about what they say about each other.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Such a canned answer. Mark is good at those.

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Such a canned answer. Mark is good at those.

They are so far removed from Tom that it's really best to just have a mature, politically correct answer at this point. Deflect and move on. The absolute last thing they want is ANYTHING in the quote that would give these bloggers the slightest amount of click bait material to run wild with. In the past, stuff as dumb as Tom tweeting at Travis about water slides turns in to "BLINK IS BAK" "OMG BOXCAR RACER IS BAK!". He's not worth the time, or headache.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mark cannot stand the man,  don't care what he says publicly.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

They are so far removed from Tom that it's really best to just have a mature, politically correct answer at this point. Deflect and move on. The absolute last thing they want is ANYTHING in the quote that would give these bloggers the slightest amount of click bait material to run wild with. In the past, stuff as dumb as Tom tweeting at Travis about water slides turns in to "BLINK IS BAK" "OMG BOXCAR RACER IS BAK!". He's not worth the time, or headache.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mark cannot stand the man,  don't care what he says publicly.

Yep, no question Mark can't stand him.

I agree; its a smart move. It was the perfect response,...........................we respect Tom, we haven't spoken to him. Don't say, he is welcome to join us onstage (that's starts rumors) don't say he is not welcome (also starts shit).

Mark might have even practiced that reply beforehand.