Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

24 minutes ago, boxelder said:

trav replied to insta comment and confirmed vegas will get adams song...pretty big news! first time in nine years. i wonder if it’ll rejoin the permanent setlist

Can... can Mark even sing it now? it's a bit on the high end for him isn't it?

It'll be awkward if its next to BTD on the set list... 

37 minutes ago, boxelder said:

trav replied to insta comment and confirmed vegas will get adams song...pretty big news! first time in nine years. i wonder if it’ll rejoin the permanent setlist

This is actually pretty big news and kind of cool.

12 minutes ago, Kay said:

Can... can Mark even sing it now? it's a bit on the high end for him isn't it?

It'll be awkward if its next to BTD on the set list... 

Not really. HAG is much higher. Some of the stuff mark can't sing is perplexing because he can nail songs that are in a higher range. The intro to Sober is a good example.

• Like 1

I actually listened to Adam's Song yesterday for the first time in awhile, had chills at the end. I think it's time to bring it back, anxious to hear it live again.

The first Vegas show is sold out, I actually think these may end up being pretty fun. Very curious to see how many songs/how long they play since I don't think there is an opener.

• Love 1

45 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I actually listened to Adam's Song yesterday for the first time in awhile, had chills at the end. I think it's time to bring it back, anxious to hear it live again.

The first Vegas show is sold out, I actually think these may end up being pretty fun. Very curious to see how many songs/how long they play since I don't think there is an opener.

Its so weird because last night I put on Enema for the first time in awhile....when Adam's Song came on, I found myself air drumming it, and I said "Let me sit at the kit and see if I can still play this one". So I sat down, it had been at least 5-10 years, and I nailed it, and it definitely reminded me of how great of a song it was. The drums are amazing. They are actually ground breaking and people don't even realize it. Travis throwing in all the random cymbal hits (that are surprisingly not random there is a pattern) and using the spare floor tom to his left for the pre chorus.

I was just into it.

So this is certainly an ironic thing to hear this morning.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

31 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its so weird because last night I put on Enema for the first time in awhile....when Adam's Song came on, I found myself air drumming it, and I said "Let me sit at the kit and see if I can still play this one". So I sat down, it had been at least 5-10 years, and I nailed it, and it definitely reminded me of how great of a song it was. The drums are amazing. They are actually ground breaking and people don't even realize it. Travis throwing in all the random cymbal hits (that are surprisingly not random there is a pattern) and using the spare floor tom to his left for the pre chorus.

I was just into it.

So this is certainly an ironic thing to hear this morning.

Have you ever done anything that wasn't perfect?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

@Olidamus I can't remember, do you play in a band? I'd like to check out your music if you have anything online or anything

Thanks man! I don't. I use to. I wish I could get in another one I just am so focused on my reenacting that I wouldn't have the time.

But I appreciate your support. One day I will get back to music.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kay said:

Please post a video of you playing Adam's Song.

I could but You won't watch it anyway.

:-)

Edit: I was ridiculously obsessed with Travis' drumming at one point. The little fill in All the Small things, I can remember taping it slowing it down to about 10% of its original speed and listening to it for about 8 hours until I knew what it was. As a result a lot of my drumming is spot on. I was a perfectionist with it when I did it. Making up fills that were close was never good enough.

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Thanks man! I don't. I use to. I wish I could get in another one I just am so focused on my reenacting that I wouldn't have the time.

But I appreciate your support. One day I will get back to music.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to listen in "support"

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I could but You won't watch it anyway.

:-)

I didn't watch the guitar one because I didn't remotely care, but this I'd like to see.