Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

yeah, in the acoustic section hey i'm sorry would be a great choice, better than home is such a lonely place.

i think parking lot would sound great live. i haven't listened the album in a while, and when i saw that clip on travis' instagram, i assumed they used kings of the weekend as the audio, i didn't even realize it's something else, but (with the intense live footage) it was impressive. then i realized, it's parking lot, whoa :o

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 5:48 PM, knapton said:

When i saw them at the reunion tour and honda civic tour, they played in the local nhl arena in vancouver, i have no idea how well it sold. On the california tour, they played in a junior hockey team arena about an hour and a bit outside of Vancouver, i believe it was sold out. The arena was quite smaller but it did sell out so I dont know which is better. 

The Neighborhoods tour at Rogers with MCR and Rancid And Against Me had to sell tickets on groupon and cancelled their show in Victoria - probably only sold out half the stadium if that for that one tour

• Like 1

there's nothing wrong about writing tunes from an adolescent perspective, but blink did it far too much... i.e., most of TOYPAJ. parking lot is just all the more egregious because they're decades older now. i also think people were expecting some wildly different from california when it was released, when it was just more of the same. it's strange though, because i never minded the more teenage lyrics on EOTS (GATC comes to mind), but they seemed increasingly forced on the follow-up (give me one good reason/story of a lonely guy... all cringe).

6 minutes ago, boxelder said:

there's nothing wrong about writing tunes from an adolescent perspective, but blink did it far too much... i.e., most of TOYPAJ. parking lot is just all the more egregious because they're decades older now. i also think people were expecting some wildly different from california when it was released, when it was just more of the same. it's strange though, because i never minded the more teenage lyrics on EOTS (GATC comes to mind), but they seemed increasingly forced on the follow-up (give me one good reason/story of a lonely guy... all cringe).

Its a matter of good or bad lyrics. You can write good lyrics about teenage years and also bad. Parking lot is an example of bad, GATC  is an example of good. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2018 at 11:02 PM, vic vinegar said:

My Cali tour show in Grand Rapids, Michigan was significantly emptier than the reunion tour in Tinley Park, IL but that might just be from Chicago vs Midwest Michigan population. 

I think the idea of the Neighborhoods tour having poor attendance is vastly overestimated by some on this board.  For the reunion tour, I saw them at Tinley and DTE (as well as the first two shows in Vegas) and both were sold out. For the Neighborhoods tour, DTE was a sell out once again (Blink even said during the show that it was the fastest sell out of the entire tour) and Tinley had 24,000, which is a drop from the 30,000 at the reunion tour, but still a good turn out. 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2018 at 2:44 AM, vic vinegar said:

My show was at Van Andel. It was weird because a bunch of people left after the openers which I found odd.

Cool to see another GR representative on the board though. Cheers. Though I live in Chicago now.

One more thing I forgot to add...the first place I ever saw a concert was at Van Andel in 1997.  Ironically, the first band I saw live was Live haha.  The thing I distinctly remember from it was how familiar the odor in the venue smelled like my basement.  And that odor was pot.

2 hours ago, Reginald said:

Its a matter of good or bad lyrics. You can write good lyrics about teenage years and also bad. Parking lot is an example of bad, GATC  is an example of good. 

I definitely agree with this. We only have to look at Cliff Diving by +44 and When I Was Young by blink as the most "recent" examples of the blink guys writing songs about their youth with good or decent lyrics. I love both of those songs. Neighborhoods has a couple of songs about their youth which didn't work because of bad lyrics. Like I find the lyrics of This is Home and Parking Lot both bad. This Is Home doesn't actually make me cringe because of the topic, more so because of shit lyrics. Like that vagabond line or the dance like fucking animals line.

Instrumentally though, I prefer This is Home by far. It's very pop punk but at the same time it isn't. Like it sounds like Enema and AVA had a baby. I love the instruments because of that reason alone.

• Like 3