Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

Speaking of these shows, they're giving tickets away for the reason we all know.

June 8 - June 24 &
October 26 - November 17
Pearl Concert Theater
Click the link to redeem your offer of 2 for 1 tickets.
Hurry offer ends 6/9!

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

Speaking of these shows, they're giving tickets away for the reason we all know.

June 8 - June 24 &
October 26 - November 17
Pearl Concert Theater
Click the link to redeem your offer of 2 for 1 tickets.
Hurry offer ends 6/9!

Honestly, still not enough incentive for me. Vegas is an hour flight for me and typically go 3-4 times a year, but I can't see myself going to any of these shows.

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

Is it wrong that I hate Feldman so much that I hope they get pulled and release a shit album?

just so they can clear the deck of him.... I hate him more than Tom and that’s a difficult thing to accomplish

If an album bombing means Feldmann is gone, I'm on board since it'll have a positive long-term impact for their sound.

• Like 1

Reckon they'll play 6/8 tonight, given the date. 

I love Blink, always have and always will. I'll support whatever they do, but this just seems like the wrong thing to do.  They're still riding the California wave 2 years after it's release. 

I don't hate Feldmann, and I do like songs from Cali and DLX, but just think they should part ways and go and be truly creative in a studio for a few months.

I still believe that the songs they threw away pre-Feldmann would have been much more honest material and probably much better. 

31 minutes ago, Ghent said:

The one song we have heard from pre-Feldmann is Hey I'm Sorry,  thank god they didn't release an album where that was the best song. yikes

You've never really given a proper answer as to why you are totally cool with Blink being a band that is no longer organic. Why would you want Blink 182 to be John Feldmann? Don't you like, like the band? Don't you want to hear what Matt, Mark, and Travis could write and not John Feldmann? No bullshit, I don't get that. If you are a fan of Blink 182, why don't you want Blink 182? Why do you celebrate some dude who has no connection to them and who is paid to write music across all genres(mostly boy bands) writing their songs for them?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Olidamus said:

The venue is too big for Blink as a standalone residency.

It only holds 2,500 people though... if they go any lower they might as well book bachelor parties or the pool parties like Trav does in Vegas lol. They probably got paid a lump sum and could care less how many people actually show up. I still think it's just a really weird location for Blink, not many kids can fly to Vegas and pay for those hotels to see Blink...not many older married Blink fans can sneak away to Vegas for a weekend. If they did this in LA/Chicago/New York they would be sold out immediately. 

11 hours ago, LeeannTweedenUSMC said:

I want them to succeed and I want them to do whatever makes them happy. They've done so much for me, that's the least I can do.

That makes one of us, I guess.

Agreed

12 hours ago, Kvothe said:

If an album bombing means Feldmann is gone, I'm on board since it'll have a positive long-term impact for their sound.

I don't think it would go the way you want. If the next album bombs they probably take several years off because they won't be able to tour as extensively, and might not ever feel the need to come back and make more music. I think the best we can hope for is that they change up the formula and stay successful that way.

Just now, Vera said:

What don't you like about Hey I'm Sorry? HATER.

Honest answer - the chorus sounds like it was copy/pasted from a different/worse song, and has horrible sounding guitars. The "whoa ohs" are nails on a chalkboard in that one for me too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Honest answer - the chorus sounds like it was copy/pasted from a different/worse song, and has horrible sounding guitars. The "whoa ohs" are nails on a chalkboard in that one for me too.

So..the same as all the others songs then

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

my problem with it too. Verses are amazing, rest of the song is rubbish

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

You've never really given a proper answer as to why you are totally cool with Blink being a band that is no longer organic. Why would you want Blink 182 to be John Feldmann? Don't you like, like the band? Don't you want to hear what Matt, Mark, and Travis could write and not John Feldmann? No bullshit, I don't get that. If you are a fan of Blink 182, why don't you want Blink 182? Why do you celebrate some dude who has no connection to them and who is paid to write music across all genres(mostly boy bands) writing their songs for them?

I like the songs and I don't buy into the retarded conspiracies.

Mark and Travis are happy and they are releasing good music. good time to be a fan, never thought i'd get this again