Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

those acoustic shows they did with tom in australia and uk(?) were super rad. but i don't think they would make sense during their vegas residency. people just wanna party and post a pic/video in their insta story of all the small things.

also matt is barely capable of playing power chords. their acoustic versions with the current line up were super boring as they basically played the exact same thing as in full set up.

• Like 4

You're out of your minds. Every bozo with a beard, plaid shirt, and thick rimmed glasses can sit in a chair and slowly play a cheap wooden guitar. 

A real rock star plays an electric guitar. You need stage presence, be able to switch between effects every song, move around. Every song sounds different. 

Acoustic barely has any effects. Its so boring and you eliminate the drummer 

2 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

You're out of your minds. Every bozo with a beard, plaid shirt, and thick rimmed glasses can sit in a chair and slowly play a cheap wooden guitar. 

A real rock star plays an electric guitar. You need stage presence, be able to switch between effects every song, move around. Every song sounds different. 

What a steaming pile of monkey shit this post is, such a limited/sweeping view. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

I mean, your a pervert so your opinion doesn't matter anyway, but this is one of the dumbest posts I've read here in a long ass while.

• Like 3

I have a harder time playing acoustic guitar than electric guitar. Takes way more skill on an acoustic. The mistakes you make on an electric are nowhere near as noticeable when you've got high gain and shit like that. I need to buy an acoustic guitar just to get better at playing guitar. All blink songs start off on an acoustic guitar anyway. They just transform into rock songs during recording.

But I do understand his point. I'd rather see a full fledged performance of songs like Untitled, Waggy & Reckless Abandon than see acoustic versions. Never understood the hype of acoustic performances, especially the way blink do it. Although I definitely can appreciate something like this.

• Like 3

Yeah they swapped the same songs 3 weekends in a row now. I really wanted to see the little acoustic break, would've loved to have seen Wasting Time live in some capacity. At first they seemed to treat these as fun feature shows to mess around, and it quickly turned right back into the "hits" (which actually for that crowd is pretty understandable). Still absolutely blows my mind that Mark makes Matt sing karaoke on plenty of "Tom" songs while avoiding DLX like the plague. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah they swapped the same songs 3 weekends in a row now. I really wanted to see the little acoustic break, would've loved to have seen Wasting Time live in some capacity. At first they seemed to treat these as fun feature shows to mess around, and it quickly turned right back into the "hits" (which actually for that crowd is pretty understandable). Still absolutely blows my mind that Mark makes Matt sing karaoke on plenty of "Tom" songs while avoiding DLX like the plague. 

Are you really surprised? Mark has always been a bottlejob that is too scared to drop some of the hits for some deeper cuts.

Eh I mean I was slightly surprised after seeing the huge practice list that had Dick Lips/Waggy/Josie/etc. Thought they may bust out a few super deep cuts each show and switch it up each weekend. All of Neighborhoods is even gone at this point, which is pretty obvious how he feels about that era. I did get to see Adam's Song live which was worth the trip, and Don't Leave Me was pretty rad.

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Never understood the hype of acoustic performances, especially the way blink do it.

I generally agree with this as far as Blink is concerned, but it depends on when we're talking. Acoustic performances require a certain flair to keep them interesting and bland guitar parts make or break them.

Just compare these two. People hate on One Good Reason, but I love this performance (even though I think Tom gets out of key for the bridge). Granted, the overall sound is totally different due to location, but...come on. One has that Blink soul, the other is like a poor cover band.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

really weird how they chose to put obvious in the set. they don't have to. it's a tom only song and isn't even a single. i bet about 70% of the crowd there don't even know that song.

why not play a skiba/feldy song or a mark deepcut? makes absolutely no sense... maybe skiba can't play feldy's guitarparts ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Whales said:

I generally agree with this as far as Blink is concerned, but it depends on when we're talking. Acoustic performances require a certain flair to keep them interesting and bland guitar parts make or break them.

Just compare these two. People hate on One Good Reason, but I love this performance (even though I think Tom gets out of key for the bridge). Granted, the overall sound is totally different due to location, but...come on. One has that Blink soul, the other is like a poor cover band.

my point exactly

30 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

really weird how they chose to put obvious in the set. they don't have to. it's a tom only song and isn't even a single. i bet about 70% of the crowd there don't even know that song.

why not play a skiba/feldy song or a mark deepcut? makes absolutely no sense... maybe skiba can't play feldy's guitarparts ?

100% agree with this. Despite not being a fan of majority of the California tracks, they seem to translate better live. I hate songs like Parking Lot and shit like that, but I know I'd be enjoying them live. In fact one of my favourite blink performances in recent years is Kings of the Weekend on that Jimmy Kimmel show. It sounds messy. Not even close to being tight. Sounds sloppy as hell. The way blink should sound live. I know they're playing with a click track and backing tracks but you can barely hear any of the backing tracks outside of the synths. They really need to play without the backing tracks. Suits them so much.

• Like 1

is next weekend the last of their residency? i know it was sidelined by travis’s injuries but man, what a wasted opportunity IMO. considering those dream setlists they often post from rehearsals, it’s reallt bizarre we don’t see more deep cuts... especially when it’s a show like these, where mark even said he was open to playing +44. this band can be disappointing sometimes. i am all for them playing the hits until they die, it only makes sense, but these vegas shows did very little in the way of deep cuts, aside from bringing adams song back.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, boxelder said:

is next weekend the last of their residency? i know it was sidelined by travis’s injuries but man, what a wasted opportunity IMO. considering those dream setlists they often post from rehearsals, it’s reallt bizarre we don’t see more deep cuts... especially when it’s a show like these, where mark even said he was open to playing +44. this band can be disappointing sometimes. i am all for them playing the hits until they die, it only makes sense, but these vegas shows did very little in the way of deep cuts, aside from bringing adams song back.

We need to accept that Blink is a tribute act. Has been for awhile. Hence why they are playing a Vegas residency to begin with.

Mark refuses to move forward.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

We need to accept that Blink is a tribute act. Has been for awhile. Hence why they are playing a Vegas residency to begin with.

Mark refuses to move forward.

This. Also, whatever edge they had before Tom left, left with tom.  Sad, I thought skiba would be some gothy edge of his own to the band. Now they’ve got aoki and feldy turnin the band into barney and friends.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1