Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

Feldys going to be in this band sooner than later. Its just obvious. There was no need for him to be performing with them but yet he was. Its just the first step towards the inevitable. 

Imagine if this band just stopped after untitled. The biggest and most influential band of a generation and they called it quit after a career defining album. Instead we get this shit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Cannot believe you guys actually think Feldy will join Blink-182 as a member. That's crazier than Tom IMHO.

Tom would be back as a 4th before that. No way Mark gives up his 1/3rd of the spotlight on stage to that bleached dingleberry Dad. Trav and Mark said that the ONLY person who they could see taking Tom's place to continue Blink-182 was Skiba... 

Lol!

38 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Cannot believe you guys actually think Feldy will join Blink-182 as a member. That's crazier than Tom IMHO.

Tom would be back as a 4th before that. No way Mark gives up his 1/3rd of the spotlight on stage to that bleached dingleberry Dad. Trav and Mark said that the ONLY person who they could see taking Tom's place to continue Blink-182 was Skiba... 

And you believe everything Mark and Travis say?

Mark would def choose Feldmann over Skiba if it means he stays relevant.

1 minute ago, Dylan_ said:

And you believe everything Mark and Travis say?

Mark would def choose Feldmann over Skiba if it means he stays relevant.

I tend to believe what people in the band say about their band, yes. Blink w/Skiba is successful, why add an old bleached dingleberry to do a few jumps on stage? Because 10 people on a forum say he adds more to the shows that they don't plan on going to? 

Would be different if these shows were empty and no one got the new albums. I know it really hurts a lot of your feelings, but Blink is thriving, all things considered. Miles above what any of them and myself expected. Alive and well!

-Successful new album with new member

-Chart success, radio play

-Relevant for the first time in years

-Massive successful World Tour

-DLX record

-Another successful tour

-12 sold out Vegas shows

-Happy active band recording new album

#Thrivin' baby!

Blink Online: "They should retire or add the bleached dingleberry". LOL. Crazier than Tom. Kills you guys that Blink is successful without Tommy Boy, or with songs you don't like.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

-DLX record

-Another successful tour

-12 sold out Vegas shows

#Thrivin' baby!

Blink Online: "They should retire or add the bleached dingleberry". LOL. Crazier than Tom. Kills you guys that Blink is successful without Tommy Boy, or with songs you don't like.

Fair enough, pal!

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

-DLX record

-Another successful tour

-12 sold out Vegas shows

#Thrivin' baby!

It's almost like commercial success and artistic merit are two separate things. 

31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

-DLX record

-Another successful tour

-12 sold out Vegas shows

#Thrivin' baby!

you realise that most of These goals were acomplished through feldman? or which one of These do you credit Skiba for?

40 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

-DLX record

-Another successful tour

-12 sold out Vegas shows

#Thrivin' baby!

Don't forget that Grammy!

Feels nice being on top of the world

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

-Successful new album with new member (Writer for hire, corporate album, not organic, many flaws, label forced sales/promotion)

-Chart success, radio play (that was bought and paid for)

-Relevant for the first time in years ( Don't see that one at all)

-Massive successful World Tour ( It was?)

-DLX record (piece of garbage, not even played live, 1 good song on it)

-Another successful tour (not really)

-12 sold out Vegas shows (they held 2500 compared to the 20,000 people Blink use to sell out to. Did they sell out? Sales looked horrible.)

-Happy active band recording new album (don't hold out much hope)

#Thrivin' baby!

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

You guys act as if they were in Honolulu while Feldy wrote California or they somehow cheated the system. They were at the studio from 7am-3am collaborating and writing. Yes Feldmann was involved to some degree, but to think Mark & Matt are just sitting there twiddling thumbs and then ultimately releasing stuff they had no part of is such a stretch IMO. Clearly there was a concerted effort to get Blink back to relevancy via their bread and butter = catchy pop punk. It's what needed to be done while trying to seamlessly implement a brand new member. All things considered, it worked brilliantly.  Genuinely so much better than I expected, and I don't think people realize just how much that could've backfired by even trying to continue Blink without Tom. That takes major balls from Mark & Travis.

I can't speak for other critics, but I don't feel that way entirely. I mean, the Feldmann criticism is pretty fair since he changed their sound (i.e. cheapened it) and did write some of the songs (we know he wrote Bored to Death and Mark just added the "life is too short to last long" bit). 

I don't think they're lazy or aren't working hard. I can respect that they put a lot of work into California and it was an honest effort on their part. It was a commercial success. In terms of the actual sound, it was a giant step backward for the band though.