Blink Vegas Residency

Chewy030

15 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

I’d be careful with those lists they have pulled that “list” stuff before only to drop most of the good ones.

adams song is on there and that’s been an off limits track for almost 10 years. I’ll believe it when I see it.

it would be great if they did drop some oldies in and they very well may but the main thrust is no doubt going to be greatest hits. That’s what Vegas shows are usually for.

if I go to see Celine dion  in Vegas I don’t give two shits about a dusty rare song or her new album... I want to hear my heart will go on....perhaps twice 

They were practicing Adams Song before recent tours though. I remember them talking about it. Just never made it's way to the set. 

1 hour ago, LeeannTweedenUSMC said:

I'll believe it when I see it

My thoughts too. 
Would love for them to play all of the non-single tracks from Dude Ranch to Self-Titled. I actually think the vocals on certain songs like M+Ms and Waggy would be suitable for Mark, they're all sung pretty low which wouldn't put a strain on his voice. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

a lot of the comments are asking for online songs, roller coaster, and everytime i look for you.

mark already shot down two of them. so lame. those would be amazing additions to the god awful set.

Mark can barely sing/play the intro to Cynical, Online Songs would likely be an unmitigated disaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruaraidhlando45 said:

A few good rare songs on there, but I don't think I could go all the way to Vegas on the off-chance they may play a couple of them.

I take it nothing else has been confirmed about whether they might do any entirely pre-1999 shows? He (Mark) just kinda mentioned that then it never came up again

They had the chance to do a 20 year anniversary show for Dude Ranch in 2017 and, outside of a Twitter post by Mark, it fell off by the wayside. 

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

I thought they unofficially retired it because of DJ AM? I could be wrong. 

They did, but they have considered bringing it back several times since Matt has joined the band. They’ve rehearsed it, just hasn’t made it to a show yet. I think they just want to make sure matt can play it if they ever need him to since it’s one of their biggest songs.

• Like 1

I doubt they will change up the set list too much for this residency and I don't expect them too.

Majority of the people attending these shows will be the very casual fans who happen to find out blink are playing while they are in Vegas. All they will want to hear is ATST, WMAA and Dammit.

25 minutes ago, NotNow said:

They did, but they have considered bringing it back several times since Matt has joined the band. They’ve rehearsed it, just hasn’t made it to a show yet. I think they just want to make sure matt can play it if they ever need him to since it’s one of their biggest songs.

If he can't even play Adam's Song..............

10 hours ago, Kevin. said:

yeah, you're right. that's just embarrassing. you dont have to have any range whatsoever to sing the intro to cynical and he sounds like a 13 year old going through puberty 

I think he singing bad on purpose, Matt has just had a really tough operation (hero btw) and Mark doesn't want his vocals to sound soooooo much better than Matt's and show him up - I think it's a really nice touch from Mark and shows how strong and tight Blink are at the moment.

• Haha 1