Annual Top 10 Blink songs.. (2018)

Jan Backing Track

Safe to say everyone's list changes over time.  At least, mine does.

1. Here's Your Letter - Tough to not put a Mark & Tom song #1, but this song tends to always stick with me through the years. Great moody guitar, great lyrics, bass, intense bridge, etc.

2.  Easy Target - Criminally underrated.  This song feels like California to me and kicks ass. Transitioning it right into All of This was awesome too. 

3.  Emo - Emo is just a great classic blink song.  

4. Stockholm Syndrome - The breakdown/bridge is seriously one of the coolest things blink has ever done.  Probably best Travis composition overall, top notch song.

5. Aesthenia - Some of Tom's best work.  Will never forget being obsessed with this song at first listen, the instant the bass groove comes in.  Back when Tom's satellites were cool.  

6. Man Overboard - Great song, great video.  

7. Mutt - My Enema and Toypaj songs really just rotate.  Right now, I like this one.  Enema and Toypaj are legendary pop-punk, but they just didn't age as well imo. 

8. Dick Lips - That classic early blink sound..  Tom kills it, favorite chorus.  

9. Violence - Was my #1, It is probably their most unique song, and always deserves a spot..the final chorus is immense.  

10.  Feeling This -  This has to be Finn's baby..  perfect Blink song all around. The production is incredible, explosive, and the detail Finn put in here is crazy.  I still remember when it first dropped, blew everyone away.  Would be higher, but overplayed.

Just missed the mark:  Waggy, Pathetic, Lemmings, Dysentary Gary,  Adams Song, Rock Show, Rollercoaster, Please Take Me Home, Shut Up, Go, Always, All of This, Not Now, Natives, Kaleidescope, Fighting the Gravity

Man, this is difficult. Blink have way too many great songs but I'll try my best. No way I'll put them in order though, because there isn't an order for me.

Here's Your Letter - This is one of the first songs to come to my head when I think of blink-182. Man, the part before the final chorus just kills it. "DO YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAY? DO YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY?!" What a fucking song.

Feeling This - IMO, this is one of the songs that defines blink. It's Mark and Tom trading vocals back and forth. But the song is completely different to anything they did previously. Energetic pop punk song and will never get bored of it. They can start off this song as the opener for every damn setlist, and I'd still love it.

Kaleidoscope - When I first listened to this, I just thought it was average. But through time it grew on me. It sounds gloomy, moody or whatever. I love the indie rock vibe of the song. I love the production of this song also (one of the few songs that works with that dull guitar tone that appears throughout Neighborhoods IMO). And when Tom comes in before the second chorus, wow. Him and Mark always will sound great together.

Violence - Everything about this song is just great. From the drum n bass intro, the build up of the guitars, that random static/wind noise just after the main riff. The verses that are spoken between Mark and Tom, then the chorus, hell even the slow mellow sound of the bridge. Then they just top it off after the final chorus when those octave chords have some weird down tuning effect going on. Stand out song to me.

Adam's Song - Lyrically, it's superb. The bridge with the pianos sounds great. You just can't go wrong with this song. Can't even explain why it's a top 10 blink song, but it just is.

Untitled - More of a random choice, but I love how Tom sounds. I love the structure of the song. I love how it starts off kinda slow then after the first chorus, it just turns fucking fast out of nowhere.

Not Now - Love this song to death. I consider this the last real blink-182 song. The last song where they effectively worked as a band. And it shows IMO. The riff, the spacey AVAish intro, the lyrics, the acoustic guitars in the chorus, or Mark's harmonies in the last chorus. Just a great song.

Obvious - This song is unique as hell. Never heard anything like it apart from Boxcar Racer and I hear hints of Refused as well. Love the moodiness, the aggression, love the weird electronic part that kinda pans from one ear to the other after the second chorus. Love that the outro is a faster and heavier version of the verse.

Anthem - I love this song for the same reason as I love Untitled. Starts off slowly then ends up being way faster. Classic blink song for me.

Heart's All Gone - Since the song was released, it hit me straight away. I just REALLY wished the studio version was closer to the live version when Mark and Tom would trade the vocals back and forth after each line. So much lost potential. Still, it doesn't take away from how fantastic the song is. Lyrically it's brilliant and IMO just as good as the lyrics from the +44 album. And I really wish Tom was playing the guitar in this song too, instead of Mark (also wish that was happening for Kaleidoscope but similar tones). But, none of those factors take away from the song. I literally have this song in my head every day since the day it was released as some rough cut. God dammit, Mark Hoppus.

• Like 3

I'm not gonna try to rank them but these are... well fuck, I can't even say these are for sure my top 10, because I love so many blink songs, but these are definitely 10 of my favorites:

I Miss You
Down
Feeling This
Dumpweed
Dysentery Gary
Not Now
Stay Together For The Kids
Carousel
Josie
Pathetic
Online Songs

Ehh that was 11 but I can't decide which one I'd get rid of. I'm not even gonna get into "honorable mentions" because it would be a long list.

1-15 cause i can and those are all worthy to mention

1. always -- everything i like about blink
  2. going away to college -- blink at their most sentimental
  3. feeling this -- the model blink song with some mild experimentation, fun to listen to
  4. dumpweed -- classic blink to a t, everything is rad about the song
  5. apple shampoo -- one of (if not) mark's strongest songs
  6. asthenia -- tom's greatest, IMO
  7. waggy -- just a great mark song, wonderful bridge/lyrics
  8. josie -- just a fav of mine! love it
  9. wmaa -- same as above. just good ol classic blink
  10. don't leave me -- same as above
  11. m+m's -- great early song
  12. emo -- underrated, enjoyable tune
  13. gotdf -- probably listed a little too high, but i always dug this song. nice marriage of new tom + mark/travis
  14. pathetic -- great opener
  15. stockholm -- should maybe be placed higher, but as we all know, amazing song. as dark as it got

I change my mind on this every five minutes but I'd say as of right this second it's these 10, in no particular order - 

Adams Song

Asthenia

Pathetic

Cacophony

Story Of A Lonely Guy

Kaleidoscope

Dick Lips

Strings

Emo

Not Now

and I've already changed my mind. it's like a rolling 30 for me usually. 

EDIT - Totally forgot 'Strings', goddammit. 

• 1 month later...