Interview: Travis Barker And John Feldmann Present THE FEVER 333

Ghost

Well this is about as shit as I expected.

I was pretty hyped when this band got announced. Fake History is fucking awesome and I have spread praise of Night Verses before on this board.

Then I heard Feldmann was at their first show, and that was that. Why in the fuck is Aric Improta not drumming on this EP when he is in the damn band? I mean hey he's only the best drummer in the entire alternative music scene. Oh yeah, it's so Feldmann can attach Barker's name to it in hopes of selling a few more copies of this watered-down, pseudo-rebellious, corporate trash. 

Super disappointed in Aric and Jason, I really looked up to these guys as some of the potentially great modern punk musicians...Gonna go jam some Fake History.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQEz7J82ZA

11 hours ago, decisions said:

Well this is about as shit as I expected.

I was pretty hyped when this band got announced. Fake History is fucking awesome and I have spread praise of Night Verses before on this board.

Then I heard Feldmann was at their first show, and that was that. Why in the fuck is Aric Improta not drumming on this EP when he is in the damn band? I mean hey he's only the best drummer in the entire alternative music scene. Oh yeah, it's so Feldmann can attach Barker's name to it in hopes of selling a few more copies of this watered-down, pseudo-rebellious, corporate trash. 

Super disappointed in Aric and Jason, I really looked up to these guys as some of the potentially great modern punk musicians...Gonna go jam some Fake History.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRQEz7J82ZA

Wow, that's pretty messed. Again, part of why I don't really love Travis right now.  Egos seems to have gotten a little big as him and Feldy go around taking over bands and watering everything down.

That's really crazy that they already have a massively talented drummer and still use Travis..

Finally listened to this at the gym yesterday, nothing super memorable but I didn't hate it. Sounded like a POD/RATM mash-up, I could see how it could translate to an energetic live show I suppose. Most importantly, I actually liked most of the mixing and how the instruments sounded so that gave me hope for Feldy producing moving forward. It's actually one of the first things produced by him I've heard that doesn't have his guitar slides/whoas/cheesiness all over it.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:49 AM, Cat_Lover182 said:

Wow, that's pretty messed. Again, part of why I don't really love Travis right now.  Egos seems to have gotten a little big as him and Feldy go around taking over bands and watering everything down.

That's really crazy that they already have a massively talented drummer and still use Travis..

I just read that article - so pretty much they were a band, and then Travis and Feldy wanted in on the producing and essentially took over to turn the band into a profit where eveyrone else was like "yea sure itll help us"? And then signed to their label? So what I'm gathering is that they in every sense a put-together "punk" super group that's just made to be an image and sell things, yea? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Same old Feldy. I can't stand when he says "I am The Fever, Travis is The Fever".. Can't he just let the band be the band instead of sneaking his way into everything he produces. I don't like their stuff though, it's garbage to me. But the hardcore bands that I listen to are like the opposite of this one - American Nightmare/Bane/Have Heart/Blacklisted/Kid Dynamite etc. - so I guess it's not my thing. 

• Like 4

Does Feldmann possess some sort of mind control though?  I don't get it, the music itself watered down becomes awful...at least when bands would sell out in the past and get watered down they still were undeniably catchy and hard to turn off first time...  When I hear 90% of what Feldmann produces I want to turn it off immediately with how bad it sounds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Same old Feldy. I can't stand when he says "I am The Fever, Travis is The Fever".. Can't he just let the band be the band instead of sneaking his way into everything he produces. I don't like their stuff though, it's garbage to me. But the hardcore bands that I listen to are like the opposite of this one - American Nightmare/Bane/Have Heart/Blacklisted/Kid Dynamite etc. - so I guess it's not my thing. 

This. It just get more sick over time.

But I mean, the way he works with musicians is not new in our days. On the commercial pop industry, there are lots of producers that are doing just that with artists. They just go, manipulate them and come with a 'product' that will please and feed the industry itself, and also will sell tons.

The thing is that, now, we have that shit leaking through the 'alternative' side of the music. I mean, Feldy's roster is not as alternative or underground as many of us would think, but you get the point.

I mean, it's not like other huge producers worked in the past. Guys like Phil Spector, who worked with an inmense plethora of artists. He had a signature way of production, mainly on the 60s, just creating his 'wall of sound', something unique that was replicated by other artist, but at the same time, he was able to work wit hdifferent artists without the need of making them of his property, so to say. I mean, the guy worked with the Beatles and the Ramones too, and that record has 0 similarities with... for example, the Ronettes, who were produced by him in the early days.

Yeah lol that Forbes articles makes my blood boil. "I am the Fever", shut the fuck up Feldmann, you just went in and manipulated a new band with a promising lineup to try and make a quick buck.

It's sad because the songs are so awfully structured I just know it was Feldmann trying to turn hardcore into something catchy. Jason knows what interesting song structure is like, he sang on Fake History. Aric even moreso though, I mean Into the Vanishing Light is one of the most successfully experimental modern post-hardcore records in recent years. And the production on it is just incredible (thanks Ross Robinson). That is how you do involved production. With purpose. Instead Travis plays basic pop-punk beats on this album. Like what? You have Aric Improta in the band (literally the best drummer I have ever heard, maybe Billy Rymer is more skilled  but I think Aric writes the best parts in the entire punk scene) and replace him with Travis. That's all that really needs to be said.

I'm not really that familiar with The Chariot but it took me about 20 seconds of listening to Long Live to realize that this guy can writes riffs about a million times better than the absolutely garbage guitar parts on this EP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3q5n24QDlk

8 hours ago, Cat_Lover182 said:

Feldmann is a damn mad genius though.  However he's able to infiltrate all these bands and take complete control and make it about him is crazy in itself.  

He probably just went "I can make you crazy rich" and they went "aiiight"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2018 at 2:56 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Can't believe people want this clown making more records with blink.

But but but...it's going to be more experimental! Skiba will have more input! Less woah-oh-oh's and nanana's! It's going to be a darker record! It'll be more like Untitled but with a splash of Dude Ranch! This record won't be first thought best thought!

14 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

But but but...it's going to be more experimental! Skiba will have more input! Less woah-oh-oh's and nanana's! It's going to be a darker record! It'll be more like Untitled but with a splash of Dude Ranch! This record won't be first thought best thought!

Los Angeles was suppose to be their most experimental track EVER and the album apparently was suppose to be a mix of Enema and Self Titled.  Deluxe was dark and experimental.  According to them.

I don't know how anyone still holds up hope for this current dynamic.  Nothing they say will get my hopes up.

• Like 1