EOTS Logo help

Kay

Howdy all -

So recently I've been doing digitising training in work which is software especially for embroidery machines - essentially I'm learning to make embroidery patterns, you put it in the machine and boom - magic. 

So I've learned a fair bit and I want to practise on some logos I like to build up skill/for fun. I've got a decent copy of the alk3 skull heart logo that I'm going to try and digitise and put on a jacket for a friend.

I'd really like to try the EOTS logo, because I think it should be easy enough to do and you know... own made blink swag! but my google image search results are either too crappy or are 're-do' versions people have done of the logo. there's images of the EOTS patches but a decent version of the actual logo itself would be easier to work on.

The google tree isn't all it's cracked up to be, so does anyone possibly have a decent version of the original EOTS logo? 

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Kay I just e-mailed you the one I used on the mock banners, it was as good as I could find. If that doesn't work there is an all black .png version I found that I can try and match the colors, LMK

the colours don't really matter as I'll be having to use close-ish thread regardless, if you could send the black one that'd be great - thanks for the one you sent, I'm just trying to find one as close as to the original as possible. 

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

I recolored the one and sent it to you, and just sent you the black one. Hopefully one works!

You're a star! thanks for that, if I manage to make the pattern and run off a sample I'll take a pic for you guys - if I pull it off I'll be so chuffed haha

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Kay said:

So recently I've been doing digitising training in work which is software especially for embroidery machines

embroidery machines typically use vector artwork (points and curves, not pixels). common file formats include adobe illustrator (.ai), postscript (.eps) or PDF (if it's from a vector source). i can't do it now, but in a couple weeks i'd have time to redraw you such a logo if you like.

9 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

embroidery machines typically use vector artwork (points and curves, not pixels). common file formats include adobe illustrator (.ai), postscript (.eps) or PDF (if it's from a vector source). i can't do it now, but in a couple weeks i'd have time to redraw you such a logo if you like.

Im using an embroidery specific software, I work for a clothing company. Im manually drawing in over an image how the stitches run, manually tracing them - I've already done and seen it work, I just want to try it on logos I care about. These will work fine, il share the results when I'm done.

7 hours ago, Kay said:

Im using an embroidery specific software, I work for a clothing company. Im manually drawing in over an image how the stitches run, manually tracing them - I've already done and seen it work, I just want to try it on logos I care about. These will work fine, il share the results when I'm done.

ah ok, if you're tracing in the device-specific software to learn how to use it, then yes you have all you need. :-)