Top Netflix Original Shows

Meltdown Tracker

3 hours ago, darkarrow said:

Not sure how much it counts, but I just got sucked into Trailer Park Boys, hadn't given it a chance before and I've burned through like 6 seasons in just a couple weeks.

Just stop there. Season 7 is alright and then thats when it ended originally. Then they brought it back for netflix and it became absolutely terrible. The movies are pretty good too. Fuck that show is amazing

12 hours ago, knapton said:
  Reveal hidden contents

please tell me we're talking  about doctor smith.  My god she was so annoying

Spoiler

For sure, but to be honest I thought you could have renamed the show "Lost In Space...and It's All Will's Fault". he just seemed to constantly be the root of all problems. I think Doctor Smith had potential to be done amazingly, the actress is great, but a lot of her actions made no logical sense whatsoever - evil or not. towards the end she just seemed to be doing random crap. 

Black Mirror was my favorite Netflix og show..but I can't find myself to watch it again for some reason.  Takes a toll on ya.

Not to derail but if anyone has some suggestions for a Black Mirror, Parks & Rec, New Girl (yep guilty pleasure), Always Sunny, HIMYM, Archer fan..let me know. I'm out.

20 minutes ago, VeraLife182 said:

Black Mirror was my favorite Netflix og show..but I can't find myself to watch it again for some reason.  Takes a toll on ya.

Not to derail but if anyone has some suggestions for a Black Mirror, Parks & Rec, New Girl (yep guilty pleasure), Always Sunny, HIMYM, Archer fan..let me know. I'm out.

Brooklyn 99 is funny

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VeraLife182 said:

Rick and Morty and Big Mouth are probably the two funniest cartoons currently running IMO (for your interest in Archer). 
Silicon Valley is another great comedy show on HBO. 
Arrested Development if you haven't seen it already - new season comes out in a few weeks so it's the perfect time to get into it. 

Freaks and Geeks if you haven't already seen it.
Community.

There aren't really any comparables to Black Mirror. Westworld is good though - it's like Ex Machina and a Western mixed. 

I couldn't get into Black Mirror. Watched the first few and they're all depressing as hell. If I ever want to fuel my depression, I'll watch Black Mirror.

I haven't watched a lot of them but my number 1 is definitely Stranger Things, followed by most of the Marvel series. Daredevil and Luke Cage especially. I didn't even hate Iron First like most people did (though it was definitely my least favorite).

I started Lost in Space a couple weeks ago but got distracted and forgot about it until now. I wasn't super into it but I might go back and finish it. I usually like most sci-fi.

Bojack Horseman is kind of funny if I'm in the right mood. I really wanted to love it, and there were some serious laugh out loud moments, but overall it felt sort of dull to me. Maybe because there's such an over-saturation of adult cartoons right now. They're starting to lose their charm.

1 hour ago, VeraLife182 said:

Not even a guilty pleasure for me. I straight up love this show haha.

Parks & Rec is my favorite show of all time. Love Archer too.

I started The Last Man on Earth a couple weeks back. It took a few episodes for me to appreciate the humor but as it went on I found it getting funnier and funnier. I like it now, I'm in the middle of season 2.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nasa said:

BoJack is the best adult cartoon on the market right now!

Have you seen Rick and Morty or Big Mouth? Both are definitely worth a watch. Rick and Morty for the exceptional writing and insane premise, and it has a surprising amount of character development in seasons 2 and 3. There are a handful of moments that will slap you across the face on how depressing or crazy they are given the usual tone of the show. Also just got renewed for 70 more episodes. Big Mouth for how relatable it is to puberty and the hormone monster might be the single greatest character in a cartoon ever. 

I watched the first two seasons of BoJack and enjoyed it, I need to get around to the newer seasons. 

2 hours ago, Kvothe said:

Have you seen Rick and Morty or Big Mouth? Both are definitely worth a watch. Rick and Morty for the exceptional writing and insane premise, and it has a surprising amount of character development in seasons 2 and 3. There are a handful of moments that will slap you across the face on how depressing or crazy they are given the usual tone of the show. Also just got renewed for 70 more episodes. Big Mouth for how relatable it is to puberty and the hormone monster might be the single greatest character in a cartoon ever. 

I watched the first two seasons of BoJack and enjoyed it, I need to get around to the newer seasons. 

I’ve seen Rick and Morty. I think that the first two seasons were good and the third season was mediocre. But I do like it. I think it’s funny. I just like BoJack more because I really like shows about realism. You should definitely finish it—it only gets better!!

I’ve been told that I need to watch Big Mouth. Maybe I will this summer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kvothe said:

How far into Rick and Morty did you get? Season 2 gets a lot darker.

Only first several episodes, just couldn't get into the characters.

Only cartoon shows I've ever been able to get into though is South Park and Archer.

And DBZ back in the day...

10 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I couldn't get into Black Mirror. Watched the first few and they're all depressing as hell. If I ever want to fuel my depression, I'll watch Black Mirror.

First few episodes are the worst imo... They're depressing and also not very intriguing like much of the rest of the show.  USS Callister, White Christmas are ones I think can get someone into the show.

Not even a guilty pleasure for me. I straight up love this show haha.

Parks & Rec is my favorite show of all time. Love Archer too.

Crazy, my 3 favorite shows by far since streaming took over. Parks & Rec I've seen over 3 times now... Can just pick any episode at random and enjoy it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Nasa said:

But if you're looking to avoid watching things that trigger your depression, then definitely don't watch it lol

Stuff like Bojack doesn't trigger my depression. In fact, usually things that make fun of or joke about depression make me happier (especially memes). Bojack is funny. What I saw of Black Mirror was just a little too bleak for me. I don't think it was actually triggering my depression either, but after the first three (or maybe it was four) episodes I decided I just didn't want to watch anymore, and I switched back to Seinfeld.

• Like 1