Top Netflix Original Shows

Meltdown Tracker

Stranger Things and Mindhunter are the only Netflix original shows I can watch. I tried to get into Black Mirror, and I love the ideas of them, the stories of them etc but I can't get into things that have a completely different story the next episode. I'd rather have the same characters, same kinda story. Same reason why I can't watch American Horror Story, although their stories last a whole season rather than just an episode. I loved the first season then the 2nd season was completely unrelated to the first. Can't get into things like that.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Reallly? I prefer to watch episodes that are completely different to each other 

I don't mind different if it's the same characters and actually related to the story. For eg Breaking Bad has that fly episode that isn't anything like the other episodes at all. Love that episode to death haha.

59 minutes ago, Kay said:

To be fair, AHS isn't good. The first and third seasons were interesting but the rest are more bat shit than good.

Yeah, I enjoyed the first season, wish they continued with that. 2nd season I just gave up after like 3-4 episodes. Thought it was really bad.

15 hours ago, Nasa said:

Rick and Morty isn’t thaaaat good.

This will be my last post on Rick and Morty since I've fanboyed it up too much already. 

Some of the reasons that I enjoy the show are:

That the show has clever writing and the use of idioms and figures of speech. 

The voice overs for Rick and Morty are both pretty great.

Lots of great guest characters on the show (John Oliver, David Cross, Stephen Colbert, Nathan Fielder,  etc.) 

How the show deals with the meaning of life, existentialism, etc. - specifically when Morty has to bury himself after they fill in for themselves in a parallel universe. 

I like the character progression such as:

-Rick actually being incredibly depressed and lonely, trying to commit suicide at the end of the episode.

-Jerry and Beth's decaying marriage and Jerry starting out as a pathetic loser and slowly gaining traction as a likeable person with Beth being the smart one but ends up a bit of a control freak.

-Morty going from a timid idiot to a ruthless, negligent badass

And it's funny that the whole thing is basically ripped from Back to the Future if the doc was a raging alcoholic. 

Just finished Aggretsuko, fucking loved it. Great, quick watch. 10 episodes, 15 minutes each. The company that created Hello Kitty made it, about a 25 year old female (panda) office worker who uses death metal as an outlet for an otherwise mundane and boring office job that is all too familiar. Great show. 8/10

1 hour ago, Kvothe said:

This will be my last post on Rick and Morty since I've fanboyed it up too much already. 

Some of the reasons that I enjoy the show are:

That the show has clever writing and the use of idioms and figures of speech. 

The voice overs for Rick and Morty are both pretty great.

Lots of great guest characters on the show (John Oliver, David Cross, Stephen Colbert, Nathan Fielder,  etc.) 

How the show deals with the meaning of life, existentialism, etc. - specifically when Morty has to bury himself after they fill in for themselves in a parallel universe. 

I like the character progression such as:

Reveal hidden contents

-Rick actually being incredibly depressed and lonely, trying to commit suicide at the end of the episode.

-Jerry and Beth's decaying marriage and Jerry starting out as a pathetic loser and slowly gaining traction as a likeable person with Beth being the smart one but ends up a bit of a control freak.

-Morty going from a timid idiot to a ruthless, negligent badass

And it's funny that the whole thing is basically ripped from Back to the Future if the doc was a raging alcoholic. 

I like the show because of the philosophical ideas and because of the jokes. I'm not too fond of any of the characters, honestly. They entertain me, but I'm not emotionally attached to them.

Spoiler

I'm irritated that the third season did a kind of reset in terms of character development with Jerry and Beth getting back together. Stuff like that is what makes the show not great-tier for me. It's not character-driven enough and there aren't lasting consequences.

I liked The End Of the F***ing World a lot, short, dark little series about a psychopathic kid. I also watched Love, it wasn't a great show but I felt like I could relate in ways I haven't in other shows to the characters.

On 5/12/2018 at 1:58 PM, Nasa said:

I like the show because of the philosophical ideas and because of the jokes. I'm not too fond of any of the characters, honestly. They entertain me, but I'm not emotionally attached to them.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm irritated that the third season did a kind of reset in terms of character development with Jerry and Beth getting back together. Stuff like that is what makes the show not great-tier for me. It's not character-driven enough and there aren't lasting consequences.

That's fair and I agree. It's somewhere between the Simpsons (the characters essentially reset every episode) and a show that has progression like Bojack. 

• Like 1