Top Netflix Original Shows

Meltdown Tracker

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Stuff like Bojack doesn't trigger my depression. In fact, usually things that make fun of or joke about depression make me happier (especially memes). Bojack is funny. What I saw of Black Mirror was just a little too bleak for me. I don't think it was actually triggering my depression either, but after the first three (or maybe it was four) episodes I decided I just didn't want to watch anymore, and I switched back to Seinfeld.

Hmmm. BoJack is well-known for being both a hilarious and heartwrenching show and for its realistic take on stuff like depression, trauma, addiction, and self-destructive behavior. So it’s not just a comedy. More like a dramedy, I think. The first time I finished it (which was before the fourth season came out), I was not in a good headspace afterward.

Did you watch the first three or four episodes of Black Mirror or of BoJack?

12 hours ago, Scott. said:

I can’t watch cartoons. 

Anyone seen any good docs?

long shot is really good and it’s only like 40mins long so nice quick viewing 

wild wild country is supposed to be very good too

Should watch Dirty Money. Like 6 episodes i think all focused on different things. Really liked it. 

3 hours ago, Nasa said:

Hmmm. BoJack is well-known for being both a hilarious and heartwrenching show and for its realistic take on stuff like depression, trauma, addiction, and self-destructive behavior. So it’s not just a comedy. More like a dramedy, I think. The first time I finished it (which was before the fourth season came out), I was not in a good headspace afterward.

Did you watch the first three or four episodes of Black Mirror or of BoJack?

I watched the first three or four of Black Mirror. I watched a bit more of bojack but I don’t remember how much exactly.

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I watched the first three or four of Black Mirror. I watched a bit more of bojack but I don’t remember how much exactly.

I'd watch the Netflix reboot of Black Mirror - try the USS Callister (first episode of the newest season). They're more accessible than the original UK episodes IMO.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Definitely recommend trying the other seasons out. Like kvothe said, they're much more accessible although still bleak.  White Christmas, USS Callister are the two I'd always recommend.

1 minute ago, Kvothe said:

It's a top 10 show of all time as per both fan and critic ratings. So I think you'd be in the vast minority calling it an awful show. 

Other people liking it won't make me suddenly think it's good. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kay said:

Other people liking it won't make me suddenly think it's good. 

No, but generally they act as a decent guideline for what is quality material. Even stuff I didn't personally enjoy that are on these lists, I can recognize have merit for doing a lot of great things.