Blink KROQ Weenie Roast Stream

Chewy030

45 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Well that was horseshit - same boring set (which I get as it was a festival)

The mix wasn't the best but they are so sloppy and not in the fun energetic way they once were - it's boring and sloppy, like Kyle said - they need to fucking practise, and maybe seriously consider getting a vocal coach/some singing lessons.

I don't think practise will help. it's not like they're cocking up who comes in where - Matt is fucking up the riff because he can't fucking play it, regardless of practise. no amount of practise is going to make their vocals sound better either. 

8 hours ago, Ghost said:

They really need to tune down when playing live. Definitely. I can't understand why in the hell they are not doing it when you can see really clear al the struggle they're having to sing.

Because you can't tune down a backing track ;) 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Just dropping by to point out that Goldfinger released a pretty popular cover of Just Like Heaven back in the day so we have yet another hilarious Feldy connection

Haha. My first thought, or my second, I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

7 hours ago, Champ182 said:

I expected worse from this show. I kind of skipped most of it because it was boring. The guitar and bass sounded pretty good though and Cynical was better than on the album imo. The backing track shit is so lame though. 

The more Tom stays away from his crazy and post "family man" pics, the more he looks sane, knew when to retire this shit, while these guys just look more and more ridiculous.

If you aren't going to move the band forward, retire it. Living in the past just to squeeze every last dime of of this. Its not worth shitting on the legacy.

Are they going to keep this charade up until they are in their 50's and  playing First Date to half filled clubs? Cmon guys.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LeeannTweedenUSMC said:

I’m seeing them tonight 15 minutes from my house (used to about an hour away to see a show) and it was $20 and it feels like a chore having to go 

Where are you from? I live in Sacramento and was going to go, but after their event performances I have no desire to go.

Does anyone else find it weird that they have Tom's studio guitar tracks playing on the backing track? If you didn't notice, Matt's guitar is panned right and Tom's studio tracks are panned left. Quite obvious at a few points.

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, tussy said:

Does anyone else find it weird that they have Tom's studio guitar tracks playing on the backing track? If you didn't notice, Matt's guitar is panned right and Tom's studio tracks are panned left. Quite obvious at a few points.

Yeah. The playback is badly done. Its cool when it backs the band up, if ya know what i mean. Like coldplay, tons of playback, but you’re not always sure whats playback and whats not.