Blink KROQ Weenie Roast Stream

Chewy030

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

just like heaven was cool, and a surprisingly cool cover... not different, but fine. but i skimmed through it and it looked pretty embarrassing. how does matt continue to fuck up wmaa? how can mark, a professional musician for nearly 30 years, have trouble singing and playing bass on cynical? and why can neither of them sing worth a damn? it's worse than it's ever been for this era. i still don't miss tom's slurring/shouting/voice change, but skiba's not much better these days. 

Good question. also, it me or they had the guitar track sounding in the background?...

• Like 2

Matt is very unprofessional, he's in Blink 182, getting well paid, and he can't be bothered to memorize lyrics. Needs a teleprompter? That is just not acceptable.

I don't think the singing is really any different than it has been, it was just higher in the mix so the shittyness was on display.

The only person on that stage who gives a shit about their live show being good is Travis. Mark has it in his head that he will just show up, play a couple nostalgia hits, get paid, and that's about it. It's been that way for awhile. No Deluxe, no neighborhoods. But First Date!!! Yeh!

• Like 3

Matt is very unprofessional, he's in Blink 182, getting well paid, and he can't be bothered to memorize lyrics. Needs a teleprompter? That is just not acceptable.

I don't think the singing is really any different than it has been, it was just higher in the mix so the shittyness was on display.

The only person on that stage who gives a shit about their live show being good is Travis. Mark has it in his head that he will just show up, play a couple nostalgia hits, get paid, and that's about it. It's been that way for awhile. No Deluxe, no neighborhoods. But First Date!!! Yeh!

That’s my one gripe about Matt at this stage in the game he shouldn’t need a TelePrompTer for lyrics. The cure cover was a nice addition but outside that their setlist sucks a fat dick.

Also KROQ needs to learn to mix their shows better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

“We’re 31 Seconds to Mars” lmao!

Just watched this, and thought they sounded decent! Not sure if the live stream quality was different but the pro shot YouTube video I just watched was fine IMHO.

My only complaints are that Skinny Matt seemed a bit lethargic and the teleprompter on Anthem II is lame! (Here’s a crazy idea, maybe don’t play songs Matt doesn’t know?)  BTD was about as good as I’ve heard it live. The cover was super rad. (Although if they can practice a cover I’d rather them practice a DLX song)

Slight screw up on Feeling This 2nd verse, one missed note on WMAA, First Date verse quick screwup is not that big of a deal IMHO. Tom was much worse.

Well that was horseshit - same boring set (which I get as it was a festival)

The mix wasn't the best but they are so sloppy and not in the fun energetic way they once were - it's boring and sloppy, like Kyle said - they need to fucking practise, and maybe seriously consider getting a vocal coach/some singing lessons.

Man, what is it with the mixes of the most recent shows? All the mixes from 2009 and onwards sound fucking horrid. Meanwhile, you got mixing from year 2000 sounding great.

The only mixing that was good was that Las Vegas 2011 show or whatever it was.