Anyone have this old blink design?

islyes

Yeah that design is really rare, I haven't seen that shirt pop up on Ebay but I'm sure that this shirt was limited as not a lot of people have it (and it was probably given to some personal friends and persons close to the band around that time)

There's some pre-blink 182 shirts that are on sale quite often on ebay, so yeah Ebay is the best solution

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

if someone reprinted this sticker i'd totally buy it. @daveyjones do you have an original?

there's tooooons of reproductions of this online, just search for it -- i think there's some on redbubble, and some reddit users did other reproductions too. i recently did one and am gonna throw it on a t-shirt since so much blink merch is garbage

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kevin. said:

if someone reprinted this sticker i'd totally buy it. @daveyjones do you have an original?

there are many people on the various blink facebook collector's pages who have reprinted the stickers, made shirts with that art, etc. but to warn: the official blink-182 street team came down on this practice.

as @boxelder mentioned, there are plenty of places online to find the art.

On 5/14/2018 at 9:49 AM, islyes said:

Yeah, I figured it was a long shot that this would be around. I was hoping that maybe someone at one point scanned it. If anyone by chance knows if it is around as a shirt or scan please let me know. @Kjblink182 @Thibaut182

the late 1994 through 1995 version of 'blink' is just times new roman bold in all lowercase. the letterspacing is a bit tighter than normal, so you can't do it in microsoft word, but if you have access to design software that can control letterspacing (illustrator or indesign etc) it's pretty easy to make that lettering yourself.

22 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the late 1994 through 1995 version of 'blink' is just times new roman bold in all lowercase. the letterspacing is a bit tighter than normal, so you can't do it in microsoft word, but if you have access to design software that can control letterspacing (illustrator or indesign etc) it's pretty easy to make that lettering yourself.

That's a pretty good idea. I also didn't know that it was that font. I appreciate it.

Do you or @Thibaut182 happen to know of a better still image that is seen in the video? It has some areas out of sight, and I suppose for someone with talent it wouldn't be too hard to fill in the gaps, but I unfortunately have no experience with graphics.

Or does anyone happen to know an artist who would be able to replicate it at a decent price?

2 hours ago, islyes said:

does anyone happen to know an artist who would be able to replicate it at a decent price?

because this is technically bootlegging, the approach should, ethically, be DIY. if you don't have the skills, it's a great opportunity to learn them! best of luck.

4 hours ago, islyes said:

That's a pretty good idea. I also didn't know that it was that font. I appreciate it.

Do you or @Thibaut182 happen to know of a better still image that is seen in the video? It has some areas out of sight, and I suppose for someone with talent it wouldn't be too hard to fill in the gaps, but I unfortunately have no experience with graphics.

Here is a better video from the MTV Road Home, and it's taped directly from the VHS Tape 

Much better video quality ! 6:25 

Doing it DIY is the way :)

1 hour ago, Thibaut182 said:

Here is a better video from the MTV Road Home, and it's taped directly from the VHS Tape 

Much better video quality ! 6:25 

Doing it DIY is the way :)

That's way better quality. Thanks to both of you a lot @daveyjones @Thibaut182

Definitely going to give the DIY a go. Do either of you know what the symbol is to the left that is out of sight on the video?

50 minutes ago, islyes said:

Definitely going to give the DIY a go. Do either of you know what the symbol is to the left that is out of sight on the video?

I think it's some sort of arrow, in my opinion.

Please make sure to post a picture on the progress of your DIY shirt, would be really interesting to see it !

That shirt, (I assume you're referring to the anime one, not the "wiener chaser" one that Mark's mother shows the screens for) from what I've been told was a "prototype," in other words, was not "mass-produced," and is the only one known to exist. There may have been a small handful that were made to test the screen, to be given to close friends, or for the band's personal use (wearing on stage and such), but I've never seen another one besides that one. There is one other "prototype" shirt out there that exists, owned by @blink182memorabilia on Instagram. It is 100% legit and came from a guy whom I also bought some pre 182 stuff from. If you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to me at any time. I know I haven't been as active on any platform lately but I am trying to get back into it :)

• Like 2

I also have scans of all of my stuff, but I do not usually give them out to people, as I am very against bootlegging, especially the older stuff (not only because it hurts the band, but also from a collector's standpoint; I HATE receiving bootleg pre-182 stuff, then fighting to get a refund because they don't believe me, or think they can trick me into thinking it's real)

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I've been working on this all fucking day. Nowhere near done. It's so challenging, because the more work I put in the more I realize this was probably definitely hand drawn by Tom. There's a lot of contradiction in choices IE eyes it's a struggle.  Also, I'm pretty sure it's unfinished.