Solo: A Star Wars Story

theedge00

I fucking loved this movie. So much better than I could have hoped for. Easily my favorite of the Disney-era Star Wars movies. And filled to the brim with references for the hardcore SW nerds like myself. I really loved it and can't wait to go back and see it again.

My current ranking:

The Empire Strikes Back
A New Hope
Return of the Jedi
Solo
Revenge of the Sith
Rogue One
The Last Jedi
The Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
The Force Awakens

• Like 1

About that thing you guys are talking about in the spoiler tags:

Right before I saw Solo I saw that a Boba Fett movie had been officially announced. I rolled my eyes hard at the idea. But, in The Clone Wars series, Darth Maul became a huge underground crimelord. I feel that what we saw in Solo could easily be setting the foundations for what a Boba Fett movie could potentially be about.

I actually realized it was Maul before they showed his face. I recognized the voice immediately, as it's the same voice actor who does his voice in The Clone Wars and Rebels. When they showed the hologram from the side view, I saw the robotic legs and I knew who it was. I was still blown away when they actually showed his face. That was the biggest surprise of the movie and one of my favorite parts.

I agree that it was kind of stupid that they brought Darth Maul back from the dead in the first place, but his storylines on the TV shows have all been pretty amazing so I can forgive it. I hope we see him again now. I need more Maul.

36 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I want to see this so bad but didn't until a week ago.

That's pretty much how I've felt. I really didn't want this movie to be made for a long time. But I started gaining interest after I saw the first trailer and I have actually been really looking forward to it for the past few weeks. Was not let down.

51 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

That's pretty much how I've felt. I really didn't want this movie to be made for a long time. But I started gaining interest after I saw the first trailer and I have actually been really looking forward to it for the past few weeks. Was not let down.

What ranking would you guys put it in the Disney released films? I have to rewatch a few but my current order would be TLJ, Rogue 1 and then TFA.

Nevermind I just saw your other post!

• Haha 1

L3 was fucking amazing.

I think Lawrence Kasdan is the magic ticket for a certain kind of Star Wars. Wrote and produced Solo, Empire, RotJ, and TFA and they all capture the same SW vibe for me.

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

This is a pretty fun (SPOILER-FILLED) article for anyone who's seen the movie. Just a list of references and easter eggs in the movie. I caught a lot of them when I watched the film, but not all!

https://screenrant.com/solo-a-star-wars-story-completely-missed-easter-eggs-references/

Another to add to this list (unless I missed it) is L3 being "uploaded" into the Falcons nav/computer system.

In the OT Threepio says that the Falcon's computer has the "most peculiar dialect." love that

• Like 1

I didn't mind the droid much. She was alright.

In the old EU Lando teamed up with an "organic" droid that would eventually "grow up" to be a starship. It was his first mate for awhile, but it was genderless from what I remember?

I didn't much like the topic in the spoiler tags, just seems a stretch to link these characters together, but that's my only complaint really. Oh, well, Qi'ra just being there where Han ended up was a bit odd, but nothing I can't ignore.

1 hour ago, darkarrow said:

In the old EU Lando teamed up with an "organic" droid that would eventually "grow up" to be a starship. It was his first mate for awhile, but it was genderless from what I remember?

Hmm, I don’t recall this in the EU, must have been something I didn’t read. Interesting

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

Another to add to this list (unless I missed it) is L3 being "uploaded" into the Falcons nav/computer system.

In the OT Threepio says that the Falcon's computer has the "most peculiar dialect." love that

In the EU and in a recent canon novel it mentioned that The Falcon's computer system is made up of three droid brains. I guess now we know that one of those droids was L3.

L3 made me laugh, I really liked her.

They're absolutely setting up for something at the end of this movie. Whether it's Solo 2, or they're taking more of an MCU approach where movies set the foundations for other mostly-unrelated movies (Boba Fett), there has to be more to this story.

I'm really glad that I can honestly say this: I'd be happy to get a second Solo movie.