Solo: A Star Wars Story

theedge00

5 hours ago, darkarrow said:

Yeah he shows up in the old Lando Calrissian books there's a Han Solo trilogy that he's in the 2nd book of.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Vuffi_Raa

I never did read that trilogy. Read a lot of SW books but I guess the lack of Jedi/force kept me from digging into Solo

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

I never did read that trilogy. Read a lot of SW books but I guess the lack of Jedi/force kept me from digging into Solo

They're my favorite 3 books in all of Star Wars. lol  I like the idea of a "regular" person in that universe a little more then Jedi stuff.

That's a lot of what makes Star Wars awesome is how many different ideas people can have for the coolest stories in universe.

I read the Lando trilogy a year or two ago. By far the weirdest Star Wars books I’ve ever read, but they were fun.

I don’t remember Vuffi Raa becoming a ship though. I guess my memory of that series is hazy. Part of me was hoping for a Vuffi Raa cameo in the movie.

I LOVED that Lando referenced all three of the books in Solo. Name-dropping Sharu, Oseon, and Thonboka made me smile so much. Was not expecting deep cut Easter eggs like that.

59 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So pretty much all the hardcore SW fans love Solo and it bombs early at the box office...figures!

I can understand not being interested in this movie, because I wasn’t interested in it until recently, but it really is a shame, because it’s easily my favorite of the new films so far, with Rogue One at a close second. Though I can’t wait to see how the new trilogy concludes in episode 9, I’m actually more excited for the spin-offs after seeing Solo.

40 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

I'll give this one a shot when it leaks eventually. Seems polarizing based on initial reactions, which I'd prefer over a play-it-safe approach like TFA.

Thing is, I don’t think they’re even that polarizing. The shitty numbers early were from alt-right people still pissed about the TLJ. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a SW movie get this much love from the fans early.

Apparently the general public was not interested in a Solo origin movie though, resulting in an early bomb. I could see the numbers course correcting a bit though, based on word of mouth.

• Like 2

I went to the first showing of this in my city. The theater didn’t even completely fill up. BUT, this was one of the few movies I’ve been to where after it ended, everyone clapped. That didn’t even happen for Infinity War. The audience I saw this with loved it.

I loved listening to the reactions of people when THAT character made a cameo at the end.

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I went to the first showing of this in my city. The theater didn’t even completely fill up. BUT, this was one of the few movies I’ve been to where after it ended, everyone clapped. That didn’t even happen for Infinity War. The audience I saw this with loved it.

I loved listening to the reactions of people when THAT character made a cameo at the end.

That’s funny because I had the same experience. Not a lot of people showed up to the preview, but there were claps and huge smiles from people after. 

Going to go see it again this afternoon

• Like 1

On 5/29/2018 at 2:53 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I think three weeks of huge blockbusters is what kept it from doing well. I will see this Thursday probably. Still haven't seen TLJ.

Yeah definitely doesn't help that it's out whilst Avengers is still running and a week or two after Deadpool 2. I've enjoyed all the new Star Wars movies. They've gone back to how they should IMO, although I agree they did play it a bit safe with TFA. I even thought TLJ was similar to ESB until the last hour of it.

None of the movies are perfect by any means, although Rogue One is close I think. But Solo is what it is. A great entertainment movie. They're blowing the prequel trilogy out of the water I think.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Yeah definitely doesn't help that it's out whilst Avengers is still running and a week or two after Deadpool 2. I've enjoyed all the new Star Wars movies. They've gone back to how they should IMO, although I agree they did play it a bit safe with TFA. I even thought TLJ was similar to ESB until the last hour of it.

None of the movies are perfect by any means, although Rogue One is close I think. But Solo is what it is. A great entertainment movie. They're blowing the prequel trilogy out of the water I think.

Not exactly a hard thing to do...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Kay said:

Not exactly a hard thing to do...

It's amazing how some of the movie franchises from the early 2000s are so bad IMO. Like there's the Matrix Reloaded & Revolutions compared to the first Matrix. Then there's Terminator 3 compared to the first two Terminator movies. Wasn't exactly a good time for sequels or trilogies IMO. I thought LOTR kicked ass though. Is there any more I'm missing from that era?

I saw the last three movies three times each during opening week. I've still only seen Solo once. Dying to see it again.

I bet a lot of it had to do with it coming out within a month of Infinity War and Deadpool 2. For a lot of people, it's hard to see three movies a month, or even one a month.