The rant thread

Meltdown Tracker

Same idea as the Safe Space but the opposite, in an effort to quarantine the criticism. Post about issues you have with the band.

My biggest issues are obviously production but also that their music and lyrics aren't nearly as genuine as they used to be. They also seem to rush songwriting and production more than in the past.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I've never seen a community that discusses and bitches as much as the Blink community...but I take part in it all the same and I think we just really love their old music and wish they they respected themselves as much as we do/did

I don't know.  It's just a shame Mark, Tom and Travis can't see the big picture and just make it work.  This is when blink could be such a huge band.  They headlined Reading Festival as soon as they reunited.  There was so much buzz about them coming back.  Now no one really cares.  

It's ironic how they write some of the best music ever but they must hate doing it or something.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I hate Bored To Death. I hate it more than literally any other California era track. what's more, I hate that everyone seems to like it. I hate that it did well. It's like After Midnight all over again... Bored To Death is so fucking broken and dull. it's so much recycled stuff, with awful melody lines (irritating verse, really fucking annoying chorus), unbelievably lame goddamn lyrics, and it's also moody in a non-good way. it doesn't work for the song at all. it's an annoying mess and I've hated it since the first night.

I was so excited when it came out, listened to it like 5 times in a row desperate to like it and I just couldn't and to this day I just can't. I think it might be the worst thing Mark Hoppus has ever touched - and I'm including that Alice in wonderland thing he did with Pete Wentz, or the Hallucinations remix. 

While California as a whole is bloody awful, and I don't listen to the vast majority of it, the one that bugs me more than anything is that stupid fucking song and so far I've found no blink fan who gets where I'm coming from and that's more frustrating - what exactly am I missing with it? how is everyone taken with? it's fucking dreadful!

gaaaaaaaah

I've wanted to rant in this thread for days but needed it to be something worth ranting over. fuck that stupid fucking generic insipid irritating as balls song and fuck Feldman for his stupid coked face involvement. 

• Like 1

I guess I don't get the actual hate for it. It's just to me a very mediocre song without much redeeming quality and a really bad first single. I have no idea why it was such a success. I guess I'm indifferent to it. Los Angeles and Bottom of the Ocean, I find worse,  I guess. But that people like it so much is strange. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I hate Bored To Death. I hate it more than literally any other California era track. what's more, I hate that everyone seems to like it. I hate that it did well. It's like After Midnight all over again... Bored To Death is so fucking broken and dull. it's so much recycled stuff, with awful melody lines (irritating verse, really fucking annoying chorus), unbelievably lame goddamn lyrics, and it's also moody in a non-good way. it doesn't work for the song at all. it's an annoying mess and I've hated it since the first night.

I was so excited when it came out, listened to it like 5 times in a row desperate to like it and I just couldn't and to this day I just can't. I think it might be the worst thing Mark Hoppus has ever touched - and I'm including that Alice in wonderland thing he did with Pete Wentz, or the Hallucinations remix. 

While California as a whole is bloody awful, and I don't listen to the vast majority of it, the one that bugs me more than anything is that stupid fucking song and so far I've found no blink fan who gets where I'm coming from and that's more frustrating - what exactly am I missing with it? how is everyone taken with? it's fucking dreadful!

gaaaaaaaah

I've wanted to rant in this thread for days but needed it to be something worth ranting over. fuck that stupid fucking generic insipid irritating as balls song and fuck Feldman for his stupid coked face involvement. 

Yeah I'm right there with ya. The only reason I don't defend Up All Night more is because I reckon the haters feel how I feel about BTD. I like the part where Mark sings the last verse about coming over and over or whatever, but that's it. I really fucking hate how it sounds like Feeling This with the drums and then immediately Adam's Song at the very beginning. Yeah. I don't get how most of the other folks who hate Cali give this song a pass. Bottom 5 on the record for sure. But hey, it was a hit so what do I know?

• Like 1

BTD is fucking awesome! Great tune IMO, although I do hate that the intro sound is a weak ass copy cat of feelin this like others have said. Nevertheless, it got me so psyched for the album. Too bad the rest of it didn’t hold up as well.

For me the band needs to end now. They can continue making music but not in Blinks name unless Mark and Matt are gonna take things serious and take their time to write a mature album for adults. I hate how they pander to young people, what about your fans that have grown up with you? We don’t want to hear that shit. Pop punk isn’t even popular anymore ffs. They’re doing this all wrong. Honestly it’s embarassing. No wonder Tom fucked off. Can anyone blame him?? I respect Tom more than Mark. Mark is a puppet. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

For me the band needs to end now. They can continue making music but not in Blinks name unless Mark and Matt are gonna take things serious and take their time to write a mature album for adults. I hate how they pander to young people, what about your fans that have grown up with you? We don’t want to hear that shit. Pop punk isn’t even popular anymore ffs. They’re doing this all wrong. Honestly it’s embarassing. No wonder Tom fucked off. Can anyone blame him?? I respect Tom more than Mark. Mark is a puppet. 

Tom fucked off because he’s a fuck off. Mark didn’t become a puppet until after tom fucked off the 2nd time. I agree though, hard to listen to songs they are writing now about skating and partying. It’s like fuck guys we already have 4 albums of that type that we all grew up listening to!!

28 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Tom fucked off because he’s a fuck off. Mark didn’t become a puppet until after tom fucked off the 2nd time. I agree though, hard to listen to songs they are writing now about skating and partying. It’s like fuck guys we already have 4 albums of that type that we all grew up listening to!!

Mark was a puppet through the entire reunion...

• Wow 1