Leonardo DiCaprio has to be the most overrated actor all time

Jan Backing Track

I haven’t seen many films with Leonardo DiCaprio in them. But then again, I don’t watch many movies. He seems more like a meme than anything else because of all those jokes about him never winning an Oscar before The Revenant.

Really clinging to that one role that was different when he was a kid still.

I'm not saying he's bad, I like a lot of his movies, Catch Me If You Can and Django I thought he was great, I just think he gets way too overrated especially with that Oscar push deal. It was forced. Revenant was such an average movie that once again, you saw Leo in the film, not his character.

I think when you see a lot of actors play roles over and over, it's hard not to see them as just 'them' instead of a character. 

I don't think he's the best actor ever, or anything, but he is bloody good. he definitely deserved an Oscar before the Revenant (which I still have not seen, but tbh I don't have much interest in it). 

Catch Me If You Can, Shutter Island, Inception... he's done some great stuff. and as much as I absolutely hated Wolf of Wall Street, he was great in that too. 

His characters in Django, Wolf of Wall Street, The Revenant and Inception are all completely different IMO. He's a great actor and i believe a lot of actors play the same character in most films too. Samuel L Jackson has been playing the same guy for about 20 years now. The only film I remember him being completely different is Unbreakable. Oh and he was pretty different in Django too, but that's cause I've never seen a black actor play a character that hates black people despite being black himself haha.

I think he's been showing himself very clever at his art since the start, just look at Gilbert Grape or The Basketball Diaries. I don't think he's the best but he's good. I'm also curious to see him in the next Taratino film about the Manson's murders. Who is he supposed to play in that film?

You make me wanna watch The Basketball Diaries again. The last time I did was when I was in high school. 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

I think when you see a lot of actors play roles over and over, it's hard not to see them as just 'them' instead of a character. 

I don't think he's the best actor ever, or anything, but he is bloody good. he definitely deserved an Oscar before the Revenant (which I still have not seen, but tbh I don't have much interest in it). 

Catch Me If You Can, Shutter Island, Inception... he's done some great stuff. and as much as I absolutely hated Wolf of Wall Street, he was great in that too. 

Did he make these movies though? These were all great screenplays regardless. A guy like Brad Pitt is an after thought to Leo, yet I've never seen Leo do something like Fight Club where you won't have a good movie without him and where the character comes off the screen.

Think of his catalogue.  He's done roles from 12 Monkeys to River Runs Through It to Inglorious Basterds to Jesse James yet he's just a 'good looking guy' and Leo is the 'legendary actor'. Bull.

On 6/6/2018 at 7:44 AM, Elisa said:

I think he's been showing himself very clever at his art since the start, just look at Gilbert Grape or The Basketball Diaries. I don't think he's the best but he's good. I'm also curious to see him in the next Taratino film about the Manson's murders. Who is he supposed to play in that film?

You make me wanna watch The Basketball Diaries again. The last time I did was when I was in high school. 

Congrats he made a basketball movie. Such range..

He's playing the lead with Brad Pitt who's a fading TV actor trying to get into Hollywood. Brad Pitt is his stunt double.  

On 6/6/2018 at 7:36 AM, Kay said:

He definitely deserved an Oscar before the Revenant (which I still have not seen, but tbh I don't have much interest in it). 

Don't see Revenant.  Most overrated movie of the year by far, basically just watch Leo do this and this in the wild, really fucking boring and pretentious. Plus the director has injured dogs or something on set before like an asshole. Birdman was good though.

Yes he deserves an Oscar sure, I'd give him one for Catch Me or Django, ppl put him head and shoulders above much better actors though.

16 minutes ago, Vera said:

Don't see Revenant.  Most overrated movie of the year by far, basically just watch Leo do this and this in the wild, really fucking boring and pretentious. Plus the director has injured dogs or something on set before like an asshole. Birdman was good though.

Yes he deserves an Oscar sure, I'd give him one for Catch Me or Django, ppl put him head and shoulders above much better actors though.

He dont think he’s the best actor in the world or anything. I just really like most of his movies. Manly because scorcese is a genius. So i guess leo is also really lucky with roles.