Leonardo DiCaprio has to be the most overrated actor all time

Jan Backing Track

On 06/06/2018 at 4:33 PM, Vera said:

Did he make these movies though? These were all great screenplays regardless. A guy like Brad Pitt is an after thought to Leo, yet I've never seen Leo do something like Fight Club where you won't have a good movie without him and where the character comes off the screen.

Think of his catalogue.  He's done roles from 12 Monkeys to River Runs Through It to Inglorious Basterds to Jesse James yet he's just a 'good looking guy' and Leo is the 'legendary actor'. Bull.

I don't really see how being quite alright with him as an actor puts down Brad Pitt in any way. Brad Pitt is also pretty damn good, but I've also seen him in some total rubbish too. 

neither are my favourites by any stretch, they're both pretty good. 

She can actually be bloody good, it's heavily dependent on the film. I like her quite a bit but I won't see something just because she's in it. 

I think Christian Bale is massively overrated, as is Idris Elba. I don't dislike Idris I just think he's not quite as fantastic as people make him out to be.

Johnny Depp for sure, the most obvious one trick pony. Chris Pratt also mostly plays the same dude these days. I've never understood Affleck's draw either. 

Gosling is also massively overrated. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

She can actually be bloody good, it's heavily dependent on the film. I like her quite a bit but I won't see something just because she's in it. 

I think Christian Bale is massively overrated, as is Idris Elba. I don't dislike Idris I just think he's not quite as fantastic as people make him out to be.

Johnny Depp for sure, the most obvious one trick pony. Chris Pratt also mostly plays the same dude these days. I've never understood Affleck's draw either. 

Gosling is also massively overrated. 

Holy shit I'm gonna agree with you about something....

Idris Elba became a huge favorite out of nowhere, I guess he's okay...but people begging for him to play James Bond drive me nuts. 

• Like 2

People freak out about Chris Pratt and I don’t know why. Mostly for his looks? Never seen him act but I don’t think he’s super attractive.

And Ryan Gosling sucked balls in La La Land!!! I’m seething just thinking about it.

It’s really overrated but I like it. I wish they picked actual people from musical theatre to be the leads, though. If it’s a movie with a centrally musical theme, then pick actors who can get with it. Ryan Gosling can’t sing for shit.

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Hunger Games boss.  She has ONE dramatic "acting" face and that's it. 

She's pretty overrated in my opinion, but I'd say she's got nothing on how bad Daisy Ridley is as an actor, if the timecode is correct (from about 0:55-2:15), this video illustrates just why I hate her "acting" so much (at least in what I've seen her in thus far, which is only Star Wars):

1 hour ago, Nasa said:

It’s really overrated but I like it. I wish they picked actual people from musical theatre to be the leads, though. If it’s a movie with a centrally musical theme, then pick actors who can get with it. Ryan Gosling can’t sing for shit.

I love La La Land but it's definitely flawed, however I'm pretty sure they chose non-amazing singers on purpose.