FIFA World Cup 2018

Low Value Boy

A week away today, I know we have a football topic but thought this is worthy of it's own as more people tend to take interest in these big tournaments so I created a new thread.

6a63d4ffa1b82ad7a0f6227ae104d3ac

Who you all fancy to win it? who you want to win? 

I like the fact England are going in with low expectations, last 16 is minimum expectation after last time - not sure how the fuck we ended up in a group with Italy, Uruguay and Costa Rica last time. 

I think Brazil will win it though, think Neymar is going to do the business. 

I think its going to be brazil vs germany. 

Our group can go in all kinds of directions but argentina will def go through. Its a weird team and i’ve never understand it. Awesome players but they play bad. Messi does most of the work. I hope we go through, we’re kind of a wild card. 

Portugal will go through but drop out soon. I think the team morale is shitty. Same with england

can't wait for the worldcup. I hope germany makes it !

I think france is one of the strongest teams this year.

i think brazil is overrated. they look good on paper but never managed to keep their level over a couple weeks.

I hope England gets to the semi finals. they just need some kind of success to get some confidence again

15 hours ago, Reginald said:

Spain play such unexciting football. Cant stand them. They’re good though of course. Short passes and keeping the ball in their field forever. 

I think englands confidence is shattered since we beat them haha ??

Southgate has been rebuilding the confidence of the squad, we have ditched a lot of the old guard with failure at international level embedded in them for young and hungry players (albeit with slightly less quality) - I was pretty gutted when he took over but I feel like he is finally stamping his mark on the team. 

As a nation there is also far less expectation than there ever has been so hoping this could also work in our favour. 

Getting out the group is an absolute must, quarters would be a decent tournament. Either way, I'm buzzing - love the world cup.

33 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Gonna fuckin win it lads!

I’m away camping for the first England match but I’ve already scouted out a local pub online to go watch the game. Not the same without being with mates but at least it’s only one game. 

I'm in Benidorm on a stag do for the Panama game, doesn't get better than that haha - atmosphere is going to be absolutely rocking, gonna get so boozy. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2018 at 9:06 PM, Ghent's Brother said:

Wish I had a reason to follow this but the US is too fucking pathetic to even participate.  Guess I'll watch some MLS

See ya in 2022.  Possibly

Just try and catch a few games where you can, one of my favourite football tournaments ever was Euro 2008 which England didn't qualify for but the matches were great and got to enjoy it without worrying how shite England are.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Mad that Spain have sacked their manager the day before the tournament starts, even considering the Real Madrid thing. 

2026 to be in USA, Canada and Mexico - sounds class to me, going to have to plan some sort of trip, Russia/Qatar do not interest me but this could be awesome.

Stoked for 2026, hoping Vancouver can get a piece of the action.

I have decided that I will randomly bandwagon on team Sweden this year. Go Sweden go!!!

14 hours ago, Kvothe said:

Stoked for 2026, hoping Vancouver can get a piece of the action.

I have decided that I will randomly bandwagon on team Sweden this year. Go Sweden go!!!

Ice hockey connection? hate to break it but they're pretty bad haha.

Also while I'm bringing you bad news...soz.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/why-vancouver-will-be-on-the-sidelines-for-the-2026-world-cup-1.4704024