FIFA World Cup 2018

Low Value Boy

19 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Oh right that was semi finals in 2014, my bad.

In any case the history of success of each country doesn't really matter. I hear Brazilians brag about how they won the Cup 5 times, as if that's gonna guarantee them to win it this year. All that matters is the players right now and the strategy that the trainer uses. Player wise we're very good, manager wise I think we're okay. Martinez is a much better pick than Wilmots in 2014, that's for sure. We might not keep a clean sheet a lot but we do score a lot as well. Keep in mind we haven't lost a match yet in either the qualifications nor the cup so far. That includes the match our reserves won against England as I'm sure you remember.

You do realise that your reserves played our reserves right? poor sly dig attempt. 

Martinez might be a better pick than Wilmots but trust someone who has watched his teams play a lot over the years in the Premier League, he is not a great manager. People over here were absolutely shocked when he got the Belgium job. 

You haven't lost a game so far but this is your first real test, I'm not saying you can't do it as you have some amazing players but I think Brazil have a better balance and like Roux said better team chemistry which I think will see them through. If you play like you did against Japan for the first 60 mins then Brazil will take advantage and they won't let you back in like the Japs did either.

• Like 1

Martinez isn’t a bad manager. Got his subs right the other night. Also did a fantastic job at Swansea, won the fa cup with Wigan (ok took them down but all their efforts were on that cup run) did a good job at Everton for a couple of seasons then it went to shit but that club is toxic, nobody has done good there since. 

I fucking hate Brazil, would love belgium to dump them out tonight. Why the fuck they play Jesus upfront I don’t know hes been absolutely dogshit this World Cup. Firmino much better player. I also can’t believe they play Alisson in goal, from what I’ve seen which isn’t much he’s the most overhyped goal keeper I’ve ever seen, fucking rubbish. Ederson is a much better keeper. 

But weren't the subs glaringly obvious? Beat Japan in the air seemed like a game plan they should have going with from the start of the match. 

For me, he's not getting the most out his best player - De Bruyne. They suffer when attacking because he's playing to deep and can't play those killer passes, and they suffer defensively because his positioning is not one of a defensive type player.  This is one of the best attacking midfielders in the game. He's playing at 50% because of his manager's tactics. 

Also Carrasco has been shit in this WC, Martinez should drop him. He's need to have a solid game if he plays against Brazil. 

Excellent. Fucking happy with that. Fuck off Brazil. Belgium were excellent first half but fair play Brazil dominated the second half. Belgium lads started to look tired. 

There will be a European winner ???

• Like 3

Yup both of them were excellent. Thought Lukaku was a beast too although Miranda did school him second half. 

Kompany was immense. 

Man for man they’re the best team with France. That should be a great game. I’ve got French blood but come on Belgium!!

• Like 1