FIFA World Cup 2018

Low Value Boy

4 minutes ago, Roux said:

England are playing Wednesday mate!

Haha it's remarkable that England will be tested for the first time during the finals. France has kicked out Uruguay and Argentina and Belgium has kicked out Brazil. Those teams are tougher to play against than England imo.

Colombia was tough because they played dirty, they got six yellow cards in a match which was the most any team has received in the tournament so far. It was a disgrace, really. Glad England kicked them out. Sweden is good but let's be honest England has a better team and they were a step above them. I don't think there was ever a real doubt that England would win that match. And now England will have it easier against Croatia because Croatia will probably still be exhausted from the last matches they played. I'm not saying that England doesn't deserve to be in the finals because they have a great team, just saying that they didn't have the thrill yet to play against a team that could really beat them. They really didn't have to fight for it yet.

27 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

Haha it's remarkable that England will be tested for the first time during the finals. France has kicked out Uruguay and Argentina and Belgium has kicked out Brazil. Those teams are tougher to play against than England imo.

Its true - i can't think of a team that has played this many poor'ish teams to get to a semi-final. Even Croatia arn't what they used to be and i think they will be very very tired after back to back 120mins. 

Those rankings mean nothing really  - Colombia and Sweden are quite poor teams. 

This is just the luck of the draw - so far everything has worked in England's favour - the loss the Belgium was a good thing. 

7 minutes ago, Roux said:

Its true - i can't think of a team that has played this many poor'ish teams to get to a semi-final. Even Croatia arn't what they used to be and i think they will be very very tired after back to back 120mins. 

Those rankings mean nothing really  - Colombia and Sweden are quite poor teams. 

This is just the luck of the draw - so far everything has worked in England's favour - the loss the Belgium was a good thing. 

Germany in 2002 was even easier for me:

Group:

Saudi Arabia
Ireland
Cameroon

Last 16 - Paraguay
Quarters - USA
Semi - South Korea

All three knock out games were 1-0 too and they should of lost against USA for sure. 

Luck of the draw though isn't and all you can do is beat the teams you play which we are currently doing. 

27 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Germany in 2002 was even easier for me:

Group:

Saudi Arabia
Ireland
Cameroon

Last 16 - Paraguay
Quarters - USA
Semi - South Korea

All three knock out games were 1-0 too and they should of lost against USA for sure. 

Luck of the draw though isn't and all you can do is beat the teams you play which we are currently doing. 

Yep - that does look easier. 

Alan Shearer said he couldn't even name any of the teams England played in 1966 apart from West Germany in the final. Nobody will give a shit who we beat on the way there.