FIFA World Cup 2018

Low Value Boy

1 hour ago, Mitch. said:

HAHAHAHHAHAAAA!!!
Eat a dick England!!

Shouldn't you be talking to yourself in the Basketball thread like you normally do...? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Broke my phone this morning as well, top fucking morning for me. Might jump in front of a bus on the way home tbh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Shouldn't you be talking to yourself in the Basketball thread like you normally do...? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Broke my phone this morning as well, top fucking morning for me. Might jump in front of a bus on the way home tbh. 

Hahaha.  Sound a little upset there pal.  

I don’t really care much for soccer.  But it’s English sport.  We’re meant to hate on y’all.  ?

He had a really good game against Sweden but you choose to ignore that/not comment on it, clear agenda against him. 

He wasn't the only one who had a poor game on Wednesday. Lingard and Alli were also didn't play well, as the game went on they all got bossed by Croatia but they seem to get a pass from people. 

Sad to see people still looking for scapegoats, guess it's the England fan way though so no surprises there, always have to blame someone. 

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He had a really good game against Sweden but you choose to ignore that/not comment on it, clear agenda against him. 

He wasn't the only one who had a poor game on Wednesday. Lingard and Alli were also didn't play well, as the game went on they all got bossed by Croatia but they seem to get a pass from people. 

Sad to see people still looking for scapegoats, guess it's the England fan way though so no surprises there, always have to blame someone. 

He was shit against Sweden too - i don't know what people see in him. I expect more from a captain, he was the first to buckle under pressure against Croatia as that video shows. You'll always defend him for some reason - but England won't achieve anything with him in the team - not difficult to see why.

The scapegoat thing is silly - if you can't take criticism football isn't for you - its that simple. the Germans and Spainish will points fingers, correct those issues and more forward. 

7 minutes ago, Roux said:

He was shit against Sweden too - i don't know what people see in him. I expect more from a captain, he was the first to buckle under pressure against Croatia as that video shows. You'll always defend him for some reason - but England won't achieve anything with him in the team - not difficult to see why.

The scapegoat thing is silly - if you can't take criticism football isn't for you - its that simple. the Germans and Spainish will points fingers, correct those issues and more forward. 

He is one of the biggest organisers in the team on set pieces and talking to other players. He is clearly a big influence in the dressing room too. It seems more people in the know agree with me than you in regards to his tournament and the fact you are a Man United fan and he plays Liverpool clearly clouds your judgement on this one I fear. I don't think he is the most amazing player and he has his flaws but how much you single him out is OTT.

Yes there are better midfielders out there but who could we have realistically had in that position? He is better than Dier and we don't really have any natural holding players. Wilshere wouldn't have worked as he would have bombed forward and left us exposed - you'd need a player like Henderson/Dier next to him for that to work, Carrick is done - can't honestly think of anyone else, it's not like we can pull a Modric out of thin air and stick him in the team, we have to play with the players we have. 

58 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

He is one of the biggest organisers in the team on set pieces and talking to other players. He is clearly a big influence in the dressing room too. It seems more people in the know agree with me than you in regards to his tournament and the fact you are a Man United fan and he plays Liverpool clearly clouds your judgement on this one I fear. I don't think he is the most amazing player and he has his flaws but how much you single him out is OTT.

Yes there are better midfielders out there but who could we have realistically had in that position? He is better than Dier and we don't really have any natural holding players. Wilshere wouldn't have worked as he would have bombed forward and left us exposed - you'd need a player like Henderson/Dier next to him for that to work, Carrick is done - can't honestly think of anyone else, it's not like we can pull a Modric out of thin air and stick him in the team, we have to play with the players we have. 

Wow - senior player talks to other players shocker! 

More people in the know? Most people think he is shit - including Liverpool fans! (Evidence: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-debate-jordan-henderson-14012877) You're just blind to the huge amounts of critics he has. He's the first to get it in the neck when something goes wrong from LFC fans. I genuinely think people were dreaming about his performances for England, carried away. Meanwhile if you ACTUALLY watched the matches - we were a midfield nightmare throughout the competetion. Sure other players didn't do great, but JH is supposed to be the heartbeat of this team. 

You haven't watched much of Wilshere have you? He's disciplined enough to do a holding midfielder role - after all his main asset is ball winning and keeping possession! In fact he's done this role for England since 2014! He's the closest thing we have to a Modric type player and we left him at home. 

Lets praise a player who back passes, gives needless possession away and has no ability to take risks. Woohoo. 

Pretty embarrassing to say its because i'm a United fan - i've done nothing but praise the enemy - De Bruyne for example throughout this thread. You know why - because he's a fucking great player despite playing for City. 

Not surprised about the result, we had spells where we were on top (especially in the second half) but lack the cutting edge and quality in the final third that Belgium have.

Still a young team and we are rebuilding so promising for 2020, our country fell back in love with the national team this summer which is the biggest highlight for me.

1 hour ago, Thomas D. said:

Still proud of Belgium’s performance during this cup. Looking forward to 2020, think they make a good chance of winning it. 

You think? Midfield and attack will be good, worried about defense. Guys at the back are getting older.

I think game today was a bit redundant, but ah well, we won.

Now let's go Croatia. Beat the French please.