FIFA World Cup 2018

Low Value Boy

48 minutes ago, Roux said:

Thing is - those 4-5 attacking options are world class. Portugal literally just have Ronaldo - they rest of the squad is average at best. 

Portugal have a pretty awful defence for sure but their midfield destroys Argentinas for me, there is maybe no one who is spectacular (maybe apart from Bernardo Silva) but they have very good strength in depth.

15 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Argentina are really top heavy. Absolute crazy that Icardi wasn’t taken and Dybala can’t get a game. Their midfield, defence and keeper are fucking wank.

Lanzini was a nailed on starter for them before his injury.

Don't get me wrong, I love the little fella but he shouldn't be a nailed on starter for a giant team like Argentina. 

12 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Portugal have a pretty awful defence for sure but their midfield destroys Argentinas for me, there is maybe no one who is spectacular (maybe apart from Bernardo Silva) but they have very good strength in depth.

I'd say Argentina have the better midfield - Biglia, Banega, Mascherano are all good players and then add Di Maria and Meza out wide. Portugal just seem to play much much better collectively than Argentina. Anyway, any team with Messi, Aguero, Di Maria, Otemendi, Banega, Biglia in the lineup should be doing much much better. 

Meh, Mascherano is past it and playing in China, has Biglia ever been that good? I'm not convinced, same goes for Banega.

Can't say I've ever heard of Meza before this WC and Di Maria blows hot and cold, although I know he ended the season pretty strongly after Neymars injury. 

Def agree Portugal get more out of their players though, I can actually see the Argies going out in the group stages. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

Meh, Mascherano is past it and playing in China, has Biglia ever been that good? I'm not convinced, same goes for Banega.

Can't say I've ever heard of Meza before this WC and Di Maria blows hot and cold, although I know he ended the season pretty strongly after Neymars injury. 

Def agree Portugal get more out of their players though, I can actually see the Argies going out in the group stages. 

Banega is one of the most underrated midfielders in the world for me. Biglia is as good as anything Portugal have got centrally, and Mascherano is experienced and can still play even tho he is much older. It's still a decent midfield and when you add those world class attacking options - they really have under-performed the last few years. 

You take Ronaldo out of this Portugal team and Spain would have blitz them - every goal, he created himself - from nothing really. 

I love watching Messi - but i agree i think Argentina will go out in the group stages.