Me drumming Adam's song

High Value Man

Thanks guys! I am flattered, honestly. I never really thought of myself as being that great, a quick youtube search yields much better. That is what sucks about youtube, it has kind of diminished the entire thing, even though its still an accomplishment to play, you will always find people better than you on youtube doing just about.........anything........ I guess what I am saying is, I posted it just to prove to the naysayers that I can in fact play, not really to say "look how good I am". Ya know? So your praise means a lot.

On 10/06/2018 at 8:40 PM, Olidamus said:

Me drumming Adam's song, taking out the parts that are repetitious.
Not as good as Travis by a million miles, few are, but I can do it despite the doubt. I learned this song on drums when I was 19 y/o to teach to my drummer............. 18 years ago in 2000. .  Before the youtube generation and the advent of technology that made things easier. All the shit we talk on here is only half the equation for me, the other half is the actual music, or at least it was. I know most Blink songs pre neighborhoods on drums.

##isthereanythingicantdo.
:-)

finally got a chance to watch it.

You had the verses solid, fair play. sloppy in places but I think that's more to do with how odd your set up is. I know what you mean about emulating travis as he has that very 'flat' approach to his drums, but the floor tom and that free standing crash are miles away from you, you're properly having to reach for them (at least from this view).

I'm not a drummer so I can't comment further, it sounds fairly close though. 

I never really thought you couldn't do it, if you thought that was why I wanted to see it. I wanted to see mostly from curiosity, and if anyone talks big I want them to back it up you know?

After seeing you do this though, I think it's something I'll try to learn when I eventually buy my own kit haha. I never considered learning blink stuff on drums as I assumed it was an automatic 'no way in holy hell' concept but maybe not! 

5 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Thanks guys! I am flattered, honestly. I never really thought of myself as being that great, a quick youtube search yields much better. That is what sucks about youtube, it has kind of diminished the entire thing, even though its still an accomplishment to play, you will always find people better than you on youtube doing just about.........anything........ I guess what I am saying is, I posted it just to prove to the naysayers that I can in fact play, not really to say "look how good I am". Ya know? So your praise means a lot.

You think you’re the best at everything you talk about. For the first time you actually get praise and it’s “oh well gee whiz guys I didn’t think I was that good”

4 hours ago, Kay said:

finally got a chance to watch it.

You had the verses solid, fair play. sloppy in places but I think that's more to do with how odd your set up is. I know what you mean about emulating travis as he has that very 'flat' approach to his drums, but the floor tom and that free standing crash are miles away from you, you're properly having to reach for them (at least from this view).

I'm not a drummer so I can't comment further, it sounds fairly close though. 

I never really thought you couldn't do it, if you thought that was why I wanted to see it. I wanted to see mostly from curiosity, and if anyone talks big I want them to back it up you know?

After seeing you do this though, I think it's something I'll try to learn when I eventually buy my own kit haha. I never considered learning blink stuff on drums as I assumed it was an automatic 'no way in holy hell' concept but maybe not! 

Thanks Kay, you should learn, its a lot of fun.

I think it is somewhat an illusion that they are far apart. I probably could bring it a tiny bit lower, but it will soon be interfering and slamming up against it. Part of it is a space issue I think, as you see I am backed into a corner. I might be able to configure better if I had additional space.

That's a lot better than i expected. Great job !

technically it's quite sloppy but i guess you don't drum regularly anymore?

however it's clear you have talent to play drums, i'd recommend to start playing regularly again. One of the best ways to take your mind

off of stupid relationship drama. You could use that a a catalyst. You'd make huge improvements very quickly.

Thanks for taking the time to upload this!