Jimmy Eat World - Love Never / Half Heart

horchata

Felt like this deserved it's on topic. JEW put out 2 new songs a few weeks ago. Just like all Jimmy songs for me, you need to give them a couple listens before you love them. After listening to them both a bunch I definitely prefer Love Never, but they're both awesome! Classic Jimmy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

bumping this because i am ashamed to admit that i'm listening to Static Prevails for the first time right now. 

ive always been a fan of the band and loved clarity through chase this light. but for some reason, i never bothered with this one. i feel like a fool because it's so great. kinda sounds like a different darker band.

should i listen to the self titled album that came before it as well?

11 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

bumping this because i am ashamed to admit that i'm listening to Static Prevails for the first time right now. 

ive always been a fan of the band and loved clarity through chase this light. but for some reason, i never bothered with this one. i feel like a fool because it's so great. kinda sounds like a different darker band.

should i listen to the self titled album that came before it as well?

Static is better but if you like static then the first self titled is similar enough to warrant a listen.

Static has some great tracks, Robot Factory is amazing.

• Like 1

I saw them when they were on the Pop Disaster Tour, I only really knew Middle and Sweetness. They put on a decent show but no one really care, we were waiting for Blink and Green Day to start. I think that's the main reason I never got into this band. If I wasn't at such a monstrous show they would have stuck out a little more. I think I'll give them a spin tomorrow, any suggestions on where to start?

6 hours ago, Speedo said:

I saw them when they were on the Pop Disaster Tour, I only really knew Middle and Sweetness. They put on a decent show but no one really care, we were waiting for Blink and Green Day to start. I think that's the main reason I never got into this band. If I wasn't at such a monstrous show they would have stuck out a little more. I think I'll give them a spin tomorrow, any suggestions on where to start?

I'd say start with Bleed America (renamed to self titled) the album with The Middle and Sweetness, if those are the ones you know. it's a fairly solid album. Whilst I love Futures a little more I think knowing your music taste that it wouldn't be the best starting point for you.

I think you'd probably prefer Static Prevails overall because it's a more raw, occasionally heavier sound but it's not representative of their full career. 

• Like 1

One of the ones I've always loved was a Bleed American B side / Bonus track "No Sensitivity" - and I'm a big fan of their covers, Last Christmas was amazing as was Firestarter but my favourite is the live cover of 'Yer Feet' on the Pain single. first jimmy release I owned was that single, and I must've listened to "Yer Feet" on repeat like seven million times when I was 15 lol