Travis having blood clots in arms

Hit me up Jans ex

Surprised nobody has brought this up yet. What do you think the ramifications would be for playing drums violently like Travis does while having blood clots? How concerned are you about this and his future of playing? Anybody have any solid input on the subject ?

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

It would be surprising if no one had brought it up yet.

It was burried in the GD, give him a break. There was a time when we encouraged people to make threads over news worthy stuff and not just talk about it in the GD

• Like 1
  • Love 1

He posted his Dr’s note saying he isn’t supposed to do anything until July 1, they already cancelled this weekend in Vegas, but haven’t said anything about next weekend yet... If anyone is going next weekend I’d start looking into hotel/flight refund policies ASAP.

Thanks for those supporting the fact I started a thread on this lol. Sorry to whomever is offended I didn’t go through the whole GD thread and look to see if it was ever brought up. That being said, it does deserve its own thread. I wanted to see if anyone knew more than myself about the implications of having blood clots in your arms. Do you think it’s a direct cause of Travis’s violent drumming? Or do you think it’s untelated? To me, this is pretty alarming and I am at least a little bit concerned for Travis. Am I over reacting, or do you see a potential for a big change into How much as well as how hard Travis will be able to play the drums moving forward? 

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I think this is worthy of its own thread (which is why I didn't close it), but it's just not true to say it hadn't been brought up here yet.

Would it satisfy you and make you happy if I go back to my original post and change it to say “I’m surprised nobody has started a thread for this yet”?

I don't know if it takes only 2 weeks to get better. I know that blood clots are serious though and it can be life threatening if the clot breaks off and goes to the lungs/heart/brain. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

My dad nearly died from a blood clot. Had one in his aorta so barely any oxygenated blood was flowing through him. 

The dangerous thing about them is they can move from physical activity etc and re-clot at different places. So with how Travis moves his arms there would be a real danger of them moving.

2 minutes ago, MSandt said:

There is absolutely no question this is a direct consequence of his vegan diet.

do you post anything that isn't some form of an insult to some demographic you dislike? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

The severity depends on if they keep coming back, usually they put you on blood thinners and see if it clears up in a few weeks/months. But it definitely can be very serious if they are recurring, this is why doctors won't clear Chris Bosh to return to the NBA and he's had to sit out for the past 3 years... 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MSandt said:

There is absolutely no question this is a direct consequence of his vegan diet.

Sometimes i do get paranoid the food/diet industry and the pharmaceutical/health industry have teamed up..

Blood clots are the last thing Travis wants to hear.  In all honesty, this could end his drumming career, at least as a touring musician. You can't undergo physical activity.

Not to be a douche, but if Travis can't play anymore, how far is blink aka Mark willing to go now to preserve the name/keep making money? Would they ponder replacing Travis too? Feldmann and Mark's pocket just took a hit

^ Yeah I up hope he ends up being fine obviously, but this definitely could be the beginning of his "Producing" career. I've said it before but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes down as a big time producer one day, could definitely see him producing hip hop/punk rock bands.

• Like 1

Thanks all who have offered their input. I didn’t know that about Chris Bosh. This would absolutely devastate Travis. I really hope he is able to bounce back for his sake. Even if we never see him perform and he was just playing in his own basement, lord knows he needs it.