Bad Religion 2018

Elisa

So Bad Religion is finally coming out with a new album and it's gonna be very political.

I'm not a fan of this song but I think that's because its style took me by surprise. I hope for some more "traditional" BR sounds from the other tracks on the album but a bit of variety certainly never killed a band that's been consistently rocking for almost 40 years. I dig the bridge though.

I'm not entirely sure what the point of the song is. it seems to be being political for the sake of it, it's not really adding commentary or even just slagging it off it's just sort of mouthing off buzz phrases?

They wanna mock the alt-right but the song is really weird, I think it's probably the only Bad Religion song I don't like/get. I guess it would be interesting to hear what they have to say about it in their next interviews. The part that doesn't do for me is the "everybody needs somebody" bit that I know it's supposed to be a quote but it's sooo bad.

Again, I still look forward to their album though. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 6/23/2018 at 4:15 AM, boxelder said:

yeah this is really, really bad. i saw it and thought it was a joke. not even sure what they're trying to say, and because the message is so muddy, it's already being adopted by some alt-right people. just disturbing and weird

Where are the alt-right people adopting this song/BR?