Star Wars Kathleen Kennedy News

Alan Rickman

On 7/13/2018 at 3:12 PM, Ghent said:

You've been disappointed with everything SW has done since 1999 though

Pretty true. Revenge of the Sith is overall quite good, yeah its cheesy, but its pretty damn enjoyable.  And I liked Rogue One a lot.  Force Awakens was acceptable for what it was, nothing amazing, clearly retreading ground, but understandably so, and it was still enjoyable all the way through.  I actually liked a lot of Solo, and I didn't even want to see it, it was just part of a double feature at the drive-in where I was seeing Infinity War a second time.  Still, Solo was also pretty boring and dull looking throughout a lot of it.  In all honesty, the only Disney Star Wars movie I straight up don't like at this point is The Last Jedi.  I'm not crazy about the others, but they've all been serviceable.  Still its not hard to see that these movies could be so much better, and I do think a lot of why they haven't been good is because Kennedy has been at the helm needlessly pushing an agenda into the Star Wars franchise.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

See this is what frustrates me. I have no issue with there being female Jedi or that a female Jedi is our lead.  Its just so lame that she just happens to be the best jedi ever without ever trying.  While every male Jedi we've seen needed a lot of training before they could do anything crazy with their force powers.  It just screams "Anything you can do, I can do better."

Really, because it sounds exactly like Anakin Skywalker.

Also, Ezra Bridger in Star Wars Rebels.

And this:

• Like 1

I think the Force just sometimes picks "chosen ones" who need little to no training to become masters of the Force. Anakin was one, and Rey seems to be one as well. The Force chose Anakin right as the Sith were rising back to power. The Force chose Rey right as Kylo/Snoke/The First Order started wrecking havoc on the galaxy. Probably has something to do with the "balance of the Force" that has still never been a fully explained or fleshed-out concept.

Unless they are planning another trilogy with these same actors, I would be pretty surprised if they didn't wrap everything together with a balance of the force theme involving Rey and Kylo.

The difference with Anakin is that we already know he becomes Darth Vader. That prequel character has been criticised for almost 20 years for a lot of reasons and he still got his ass kicked in Ep2 and 3. (And Han doesnt even use the force so that dumb girls post makes zero sense.) 

Kylo Ren is such a great character and I like Rey but its going to be sad seeing this come to an end. The key to this trilogy is Kylo Ren though. They cant just do a Rey beats Kylo Ren ending. If anything, it should be the opposite lol, he's the one who couldnt beat her the first 2 times. 

How about Luke blowing up the death star with a blind force guided shot into a small target? All while flying in a starfighter, never having piloted something out of atmosphere? He didn't even know what the force was a few days before that event.

• Like 1

Luke grew up in a golden house of pampering compared to Rey, who was dumped by her parents and fended for herself in every way through terrible conditions and hard work.

Yet Rey is a Mary Sue?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

Kylo Ren is a great character? What the fuck?

I think Kylo got infinitely more interesting in Last Jedi. Still not sure how I feel about Han and Leia's kid becoming a wannabe Darth Vader, but hey... he's a bit more compelling than Anakin in the prequels.

Luke got belittled and had his ass kicked multiple times in the first movie and got guidance from Obi Wan after he died. So after 2 hrs of screen time he cant pilot an X-wing? That's different than Rey defeating a powerful sith lord/jedi. It took Luke 3 movies to do that. 

Anakin grew up in a horrible environment, arguably worse than Rey and everyone complains about him too. 

Btw I like Rey, but the fact is she has never been beaten at anything. Her not being able to save Han Solo or Luke isnt really a knock against her. Ive never heard that one before...thats like saying Luke should have saved Obi Wan in Ep 4.???

37 minutes ago, Alan Rickman said:

Kylo Ren is a great character? What the fuck?

Well he's more interesting and complex than Rey especially after the Last Jedi. (A better actor too). He was good enough in Ep7, not great though. 

-------

And people need to drop the sexist angle lol. All of these supposed sexists would agree Carrie Fischer is better than Hayden Christenson.

Then the "blinded by nostalgia" line gets pulled out. But its OK to like the OT (77-83) more than prequels (99-05). Its also OK to bash Lucas for 30 years, but not Abrams and Rian Johnson. You cant win with these people and their warped logic.

Psht anakin would stomp the shit out of kylo. At least he had the balls to wreck younglings. Every one of lucas' villains have commanded way more clout than any of the new ones. And that's with lucas' shitty ideas mingled with his good ones. Even general grievous has done more lol. 

He hasn't made up his mind what he's doing. He was too cowardly to go down and face off with Luke. 

I dont get why they wrote him stopping blaster shots then have done nothing but push him out over 2 movies. If they wanted conflict then Han Solo should have been the decided end of him dabbling with the light side. 

As bad as Kylo was, nothing was worse than Space Leia. Nothing. That includes "sand gets everywhere", "yippeee!", baby ewoks, big ewoks, jar jar, boss nass, "let's try spinning", pod racing, wato, concession stand alien handing out popcorn, pod racing commentators, anakin and padmes love scene, jabbas palace song, any special feature Lucas added to the OT. 

Yeah I guess I'm sexist since theres no arguing that point. Truth is they are trying too hard to push their bullshit. Holdo was soooooo cool owning that Hot Shot Poe because she had a fucking stupid plan that gained nothing by withholding that information. The only thing it served was to push the narrative that females had the cool calm and collected power. Whatever if that's what they want then cool, but the story suffered for their bullshit. 

Rey is alright though. One of the positives they've done so far. 

• Like 1

I have a feeling that if Holdo was a man there wouldn’t have been outrage about that general shooting down a young hot shot. 

It’s not even a feeling, really. It would have been a “lesson learned” with no controversy. 

Why get hung up on such things? It’s ridiculous

The outrage is because the plot didn't advance. They spent their time breaking the 4th wall and preaching their beliefs. They had all the makings to do some real great things. Like I've said if episode 9 is great then I'll retract if there was some great subtle build up. They've painted themselves into a corner and it'll be interesting to see where they go.