Star Wars Kathleen Kennedy News

Alan Rickman

The third act of Rogue One is some of the best Star Wars ever made imo

Plus, the movie enhances A New Hope and changes the way you see it. I watched ANH immediately after getting home from seeing R1 in the theater and it was like a new experience even though I had seen the movie 1000 times before. It was awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first three episodes of Star Wars Resistance are out today. It looks like it's going to be the most childish show yet. Not sure if this series is gonna be for me. Then again, Clone Wars and Rebels both started out pretty childish (and mediocre) before maturing and getting really awesome. I'm definitely gonna watch, we'll see if it's any good!

Can't complain too much about getting a kids show when we're also getting a live-action TV Series ("The Mandalorian") and the return of The Clone Wars next year! Not to mention SW Episode 9.

The Mandalorian sounds (and looks) like it could be pretty awesome.

The-Mandalorian-First-Image.jpg?resize=6

I'm sure Resistance will suck like Rebels and Clone Wars, but hey, they're for kids, so whatever. At least the graphics are more well done.

I'm really looking forward to The Mandalorian. I bet it ties into Episode 9.

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'm sure Resistance will suck like Rebels and Clone Wars, but hey, they're for kids, so whatever. At least the graphics are more well done.

The mandalorian is a boba fett show right? Replacing the idea for the standalone movie? Wouldn’t that have to make it pre empire/rotj?

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

The mandalorian is a boba fett show right? Replacing the idea for the standalone movie? Wouldn’t that have to make it pre empire/rotj?

It's not Boba Fett. Boba Fett is a Mandalorian, this show is about some other Mandalorian.

20 hours ago, Ghent said:

I don't know how Resistance will be in the long run, but I can say that the first episode was way better than the first episode of Rebels and infinitely better than the Clone Wars movie. Still, I don't know if it will hold my interest. I kinda miss having at least one Jedi around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Is Boba Fett for sure a Mandalorian? Is that canon?

Actually I think in the new canon he and Jango aren't for some reason. I can't remember why. But in the old EU he was, and so were the clone troopers, because they were Jango clones.

46 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Is the armour they wear mandalorian armour or bounty hunter armour?

It's Mandalorian armor! But yeah as Ghent brought up I think canonically Boba might not be an actual Mandalorian, he just has the armor. Which is sort of confusing.

19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Actually I think in the new canon he and Jango aren't for some reason. I can't remember why. But in the old EU he was, and so were the clone troopers, because they were Jango clones.

It's Mandalorian armor! But yeah as Ghent brought up I think canonically Boba might not be an actual Mandalorian, he just has the armor. Which is sort of confusing.

Seems like a silly retcon.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Seems like a silly retcon.

Yeah I don't get it. Almost feels like George Lucas trolling the fans.

Just did a quick Google search and from what I understand Jango and Boba Fett are just bounty hunters who wear stolen Mandalorian armor. Not sure where that was definitively established but whatever haha.

12 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah I don't get it. Almost feels like George Lucas trolling the fans.

Just did a quick Google search and from what I understand Jango and Boba Fett are just bounty hunters who wear stolen Mandalorian armor. Not sure where that was definitively established but whatever haha.

Wait Lucas changed it? I assumed it was the new Disney canon that did.