Travis’ first gig with the band(?)

Adrian DX

So this was just posted.

They say debut. But then mention "as an official member".

I think we all know there were x amount of shows where he filled in for Scott and then joined the band.

So anyone here have any expertise? When and where was the actual first performance, and when was the first one where Travis had officially become a member?

His first official show as an official member is definitely 6/15/1998: The band performs at RFK Stadium in Washington, D.C. It is Travis Barker's *official* first show as a member of the band.

According to the timeline, Travis's first actual performance with Blink was during the Sno-Core Tour in February 1998.

His first show was 2/25/1998: The band performs at Sokol Hall in Omaha, Nebraska.

Proof : 

• Like 2

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I am actually the guy that discovered the whole 6/15/98 show being his first official show.

Originally our timeline went off of Davey's recollections, which were in slight error. I corrected that and the timeline was updated and people went from there.

But that is cool info about him playing a show in Feb 1998 which is likely correct. It seems there is no footage of Travis playing any show prior to the June 98 show though.

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

Not to toot my own horn, but I think I am actually the guy that discovered the whole 6/15/98 show being his first official show.

Originally our timeline went off of Davey's recollections, which were in slight error. I corrected that and the timeline was updated and people went from there.

lmao no you aren’t. don’t take credit for other people’s work. it’s said 6/15/98 in the timeline for years and you never post in that thread 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, boxelder said:

lmao no you aren’t. don’t take credit for other people’s work. it’s said 6/15/98 in the timeline for years and you never post in that thread 

Maybe you should check before you start with bullshit.

It was my research that led to the timeline adjustment which created a cascade effect which probably led to this article. Don't use my research and then lie about my contributions. Thanks.

1 minute ago, boxelder said:

lol well i’ll be damned. good job then. sorry for callin you out, and thanks for the contribution 

:-)

Thanks!!

No problem, sorry I was kkind of harsh in my reply. I am just use to people going full throttle on me and so I get too defensive sometimes at a drop of a hat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

:-)

Thanks!!

No problem, sorry I was kkind of harsh in my reply. I am just use to people going full throttle on me and so I get too defensive sometimes at a drop of a hat.

hey it happens, i don’t blame ya. this is probably the quickest argument ever defused on the boards haha

• Like 3

On 7/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, Olidamus said:

Ya know what pisses me off to no end, both Scott's last show and Travis' first show where in easy driving distance of me.

If only I had a time machine.

Part of me is still annoyed that I didn't drive down for blink's first show with Matt. Not that it's anywhere near as cool as seeing Travis' first show or Scott's last show. But still.

Also, if I had known Tom was getting the boot, I'd have made an effort to go to one of the untitled anniversary shows. Kinda kicking myself for that one now. On top of being my favorite album of all time, it would have been my last chance to see blink with Tom. Oh well. At least I got one of the autographed untitled posters, which I believe was the last official blink merch they sold with Tom's signature.

• Like 2