Up All Night a look back

Chewy030

I'm still not the biggest fan of the song but I have very vivid memories when I first heard it. while I don't love the video it's not their worst (looking at you, SOOHM) and eh... I still like the chorus and the main riff. 

• Like 1

I played this song to death when it came out and I loved it. I like the chorus and the verses still, but the song construction is awkward. I don’t mind the music video.

• Like 1

Is it not 7 years? Anyway, what an underwhelming comeback single. First new music in over 7 years, and for this to be the best that you can come up with in 2.5 years together is pretty poor.

Yes 7 you are indeed correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I listened to Up All Night every day until the album came out. It's not a great song but I still like the lyrics a lot and it was awesome to hear Mark and Tom in a song together in 2009. My facebook memories reminded me that I was so happy that day (but I sounded too stupid :-[)

Brings back memories as my brother showed it to me when it came out and I was like that's pretty cool, I was 11 then if that was 7 years ago. Seems like yesterday. I always liked the song, don't know why so many people dislike it. They were clearly changing their style a bit again.

they should have use that riff in another song, and have something different for up all night. it could have been an upbeat song, even if the lyrics are somewhat dark/deep.

the song itself reminds me of "hard rock bottom", the album by no use for a name. it's one of the best albums ever, and up all night would fit in well. with a better main riff, of course.

• Like 1

This was my initial reaction:

On 7/14/2011 at 10:05 PM, Patient #48273 said:

So much for liking the whole song more than the clip.

I'm really not looking forward to the album that much anymore if this is what they've chosen as the first single. Maybe Mark's songs will be good or maybe this song was just a bad choice. I don't know. But I definitely don't have high hopes for this album now.

Maybe it'll grow on me. :-\

PS: I'm really bummed about not liking it. I want to, I just don't.

It didn't grow on me, but fortunately I did (and still do) like a lot of other Neighborhoods songs way more than UAN.

• Like 1