Best Artist of our Generation?

Jan Backing Track

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Dave Matthews?

Really?

Please god no. Really what the fuck.

From 95-05, I'd say...

Bjork, Damon Albarn, Conor Oberst, Radiohead, Eminem, Beck, Mark Everett, Elliot Smith, Jim James, Chan Marshall, Jack White, Fiona Apple, Doug Martsch, John Darnielle, Stuart Murdoch, Isaac Brock, Sleater-Kinney, Dave Grohl, Sufjan Stevens, etc.

that's just off the top of my head, and it's hard to not include Billie Joe Armstrong and Rivers Cuomo, cause they are 94 babies.

Where the fuck Is Kurt Cobain ffs? 

1960s The Beatles 
1970s The Ramones
1980s probably The Pixies, I know people would disagree but you have to think that they've influenced so many bands to come like Nirvana, Radiohead, Jack White, Modest Mouse, Weezer..
1990s Nirvana and Green Day 

2000s Linkin Park? Eminem? The White Stripes? I'd save Kanye for the 2010s.

Ramones is a good shout. Or the bands that inspired them like the stooges and New York dolls. 

The uk punk scene came from the Ramones. Sex Pistols, The Clash etc would not of happened without the Ramones. Without all those bands you wouldn’t get nirvana, green day etc sex pistols also inspired bands like the smiths etc 

• Love 1

27 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Ramones is a good shout. Or the bands that inspired them like the stooges and New York dolls. 

The uk punk scene came from the Ramones. Sex Pistols, The Clash etc would not of happened without the Ramones. Without all those bands you wouldn’t get nirvana, green day etc sex pistols also inspired bands like the smiths etc 

Aaaaaah! Yeah. Not sure how I could have forgotten The Ramones. I'll have to edit my post.

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

I feel like the Who get underrated when it comes to punk influences. Their energy on stage and general not-giving-a-fuck attitude inspired a lot of bands. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

I feel like the Who get underrated when it comes to punk influences. Their energy on stage and general not-giving-a-fuck attitude inspired a lot of bands. 

Totally. Big influence on the punk movement. They used to keep it simple (seemingly), loud, crazy and they really had a punk attitude.

The first album still the greatest. 

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

95-05 is my guess of when Dave was in his prime nqat.

Prime sure you could say that, in terms of peak popularity..  I think he remains as good of a songwriter and actually like him more as he ages and gives less a fuck about what people think.  The jam band thing was cool for it's time but I'm glad he moved on a bit to writing other material. I don't want violins and sax in every song

This video always spoke to me n was 2009. Sumurai Cop was this year, great hit.

4 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Dave M Band? Dont think so...

I think Nirvana, really was a rock n roll revolution, probably the last one

Others like Green Day, Eninem, RHCHP are also very important.

We're they better though?  Revolutionary sure.  Nirvana had 3 albums though, they're like Blink.  Disqualified.

I fully agree Nirvana is one of the most influential bands ever.