Better Call Saul

horchata

• 2 weeks later...

Watched E6 last night, still kinda boring. Does this show get good ratings? I mean I'll continue watching because I like the characters and Breaking Bad is one of my favorite shows of all time, but I don't see how this could captivate random viewers. Wouldn't be surprised if it ends up on Netflix only.

It's pretty evident that they don't have enough material to warrant the seasons they've been given. They probably should have condensed the season by a few episodes. It's whatever though, I don't necessarily mind, but at the same time it's annoying watching week by week with no plot advancement.

Nothing like 5 minute montages to break down every activity they do. 

I am on the brink of giving up, as said above it's been dragged out far too long now.

The only thing keeping my interest is the Breaking Bad references, since Jimmy has been disbarred it's become even more boring.

The Kim story is meh, not really sure what her career adds to the story currently, fairly certain she's going to end up dead somehow though. 

Yeah, this season has been exceptionally slow so far. I didn't really have an issue with the pacing of the last episode, 

Kim moving to a new firm and setting up her own banking department, Jimmy teaming up with Hugo and threatening to beat up those three kids, seeing the operation being set up for the Germans, and Gus' speech to Hector were all pretty big moments to move the plot forward.

At this point, I only care about a few things with the series:

• How Saul becomes so famous/successful in the Breaking Bad era (I know he's crooked and has no morales, but he still must do some big cases or market himself really well to become that big);
  • What happens with Kim, Nacho, and Howard going forward;
  • What happens to Jimmy in the flash forward scenes. 
  • Like 1

I genuinely enjoyed last night's episode. I was cracking up when the judge was freaking out about all the letters and the prosecutor was calling the different numbers.

I'm starting to wonder now if Kim will take this kind of thing too far and get disbarred or something. Or maybe she'll almost get caught and realize what a bad influence Jimmy is on her and cut him out of her life.

• Like 2

Yeah that was surprising to see Kim do a 180 like that - it looked like they were going to break up until she aggressively kissed Jimmy after speaking with the prosecutor. It's beginning to look like they fuel each other's darker sides in terms of unethical practice and bending the rules to get their way. I agree that it looks like Kim might exit the show from either being disbarred, or completely tarnishing her reputation and needing to move to another state to start fresh. I originally thought they would break up, but it's not looking like that will happen anymore. 

• Like 1

I guess we just don't care about "Superlab: Origins" because it adds nothing to the show apart from fanservice. I mean, it's good fanservice but it's kinda boring to me and I'd rather see what happens with Kim and Jimmy. 

• Like 2

On 9/27/2018 at 5:15 AM, ...Dan... said:

Was I the only one who thought Kim might end up dead?

She gets caught up in one of their schemes and it goes wrong.

I was kind of thinking this would go down. Unless they plan to do anything post Breaking Bad. She'd be a link to bring it all full circle.

That was a disappointing season overall. I think it had one genuinely good episode? Hopefully things will pick up immediately next season since Jimmy is finally going to be Saul, but the fact that they thought last night's episode was an acceptable season finale, doesn't leave me with much confidence.