REM vs Dave Matthews Band

Kay

REM vs Dave Matthews Band  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who's better?

Just now, Vera Said said:

I really thought of all people, Daveyjones would have had my back on this one.  Maybe not DMB over REM but just DMB respect in general.

Maybe it's because they're just a bit shit?

Just now, Vera Said said:

That's entirely your opinion, being able to maintain such a large following and still sell out shows to this day says otherwise to quite a few people.

Again. Nickelback. 

7 hours ago, Vera Mathews Band said:

I really thought of all people, Daveyjones would have had my back on this one.  Maybe not DMB over REM but just DMB respect in general.

yea, i have never ever cared for them. it's seeing a bunch of incredible talent go to waste. beyond just their drummer, they have super talented players in that band. and in service of what? the lame ass songs that dave writes for the group. it's just a shame.

but i think more so, i really dislike their fan base. and that can taint a band. dave matthews band fans are some of the worst white people in america.

42 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea, i have never ever cared for them. it's seeing a bunch of incredible talent go to waste. beyond just their drummer, they have super talented players in that band. and in service of what? the lame ass songs that dave writes for the group. it's just a shame.

See, I get this perspective.  They have an insane drummer, violinist, others bandmates and Dave is just decent, nothing spectacular. But Dave is the organizer/initiator/hoppus, whatever you want to call him.  It creates a good chemistry, mix. If it weren't for him they'd be still playing with their talent at bars in their small town.  That's why it works though, you need the poppier guy surrounded by the talent.  It's not much different than Travis needing Mark and Tom to get cast in the limelight and 'wasting' his talent on pop punk songs. 

Have you heard of Dream Theater? Yeah, they're all immense talents with no room to breath, you don't remember any of their songs because it doesn't sound good.

42 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

but i think more so, i really dislike their fan base. and that can taint a band. dave matthews band fans are some of the worst white people in america.

I said this in the other thread. Most people hate on DMB, just like blink, because of much of their fans.  DMB for whatever reason attracts a lot of frat guys who smoke weed at the concert and think it's their thing. 

Blink writes a lot of dirty dick jokes and yet attracts a zillion teenage girls and emos.

DMB writes a lot about unjust/irony in society, deeper songs, yet attracts a zillion trashy frat bros.

It's random

40 minutes ago, NealMcBealTheNavySeal said:

just listened to them for the first time as i've never heard about dave mathews band. bloody awful... only rednecks would apreciate this kind of shite

Yeah because rednecks would love to see  a black violinist, drummer, and sax player and a liberal white guy from South Africa

• Haha 1