Story Time: I saw Blink at Saturday Night Live

veeRob

42 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Kind of a dick move to just ditch your friends in NYC, but its hard to blame you after all of that.

I guess you share something in common with Blink though as its now apparent they like to ditch their  longtime friends when bigger and better comes along. Not to be cynical.

Ha! That's funny!

In all honesty, I'm pretty sure I consulted with the guys to make sure they were cool with me going alone. Opportunities to go see Saturday Night Live don't come along every day, they were all more than cool with me grabbing the opportunity and hearing the stories the next day.

• Like 1

Awesome story @veeRob , it's crazy that you and @daveyjones were close to the band at the same time, and basically both got forgotten about once Blink made it "big" at the same time... sad, but just kinda shows how quickly Blink blew up.

So at that time, what was your understanding of what happened with Scott? You were in charge of their website at the time, did they give you the full scoop, or just a "Trav's now the drummer, Scott left for personal reasons" type of PR announcement?

Btw, not sure if you have any old autographs/signed contracts/etc. but if so I would love to add them to my Signature Study if you do!

59 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So I guess the expiration date on old fans of the band goes to about early 2000. Seems to be the case with both Davey and Rob.

the worlds of going to local punk shows at SOMA and being on TRL are just too vastly different. i didn't drop off because the quality of music change, per say, but rather because the band wasn't playing general admission clubs anymore. and those are the shows i like to go to; i don't do arenas.

although, all the small things was very, very off-putting. to say the least.

Awesome story! That's really cool about the websites, too. Also interesting to hear that Rick was a cool dude, as his reputation took a huge hit on here with both times Tom left the band.

27 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Oliver is just jealous that there are some conversations happening that don't revolve around him

Just wait for it. Some ridiculous connection will happen based on SNL > Alec Baldwin's Trump impression > how inaccurate and dumb it is > something something stupid liberal blogs. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Unless you are close family, it's pretty hard to stay in touch with a band that goes from playing small or medium clubs to big arenas/MTV/late 90s-early200s kind of stardom. It was a massive change in their lives and it's impossible to stay in touch with your old fans/friends.

Anyway, welcome @veeRob I'm such a sucker for old blink related stuffs. I love their early years and I love hearing old stories about them. Keep them coming!

• Like 3