Sign in to follow this  
Ghent

New Feldmann Topic

Yeah I mean, if the band wanted it a certain way, shouldn't they get final say in the creative process?  I'm pretty sure most musicians look at what they make as art, not a commodity.

28 minutes ago, darkarrow said:

Yeah I mean, if the band wanted it a certain way, shouldn't they get final say in the creative process?  I'm pretty sure most musicians look at what they make as art, not a commodity.

That's a good question. THE QUESTION, I'd say. If you're in a studio and you're asking yourself that question, maybe you'e on the right direction. That's where you put money and integrity each in every side of a bascule, to see which plate goes deeper.

So, two short answers:

• If you are a total sellout and don't care about your artistic integrity, you'll go for the money, letting the producer (so, the industry) do whatever he wants. (Skiba in Blink).
  • If you have some integrity and honesty, you'll try to find a point in common with the producer, using him as an artistic advisor and guide or, in an extreme situation, cutting that producer off and giving him a nice fuck off. (Skiba in AK3)
  • Like 1

Feldman is laughable. All someone has to do is mention Brand New to his face. They topped the charts last year with some ultra weird sounding album. Their following isn't even close to blink either. It ain't about hits. If you've got the following and decent promotion, you'll get to the top. Like Tom said before quitting blink, they have nothing to prove. They're set for life. Even under Skiba they got nothing to prove. They just need to write a damn good kick ass rock album without some hit obsessed jackass getting in the way.

• Like 3

If Brand New hadn't just ruined their reputation, they'd probably would of gotten Grammy nods.

• Like 4

Brand New really just completely disappeared after that post. I hadn't realized, but the most recent post on their Facebook page is still their response to that whole situation, ten months ago.

That quote is just awful. A producer who doesn't even care about what a band wants and imposes himself to have things his way because he believes that's how you make a band successful. Music doesn't mean anything to him, fuck that man. 

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

If Brand New hadn't just ruined their reputation, they'd probably would of gotten Grammy nods.

Damn shame too because that album is genius. Best thing I've heard in years IMO.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I had heard of Story of the year before but never heard them. Listened through their latest release "Wolves" and damn it is ace! 
I really liked it

So the only reason Story of the Year was ever anything is because of Feldmann. Nice! add that to his legendary list of accomplishments

On 9/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, Since88 said:

I had heard of Story of the year before but never heard them. Listened through their latest release "Wolves" and damn it is ace! 
I really liked it

I agree, they fell off a cliff a bit after their first album but the new more electronic sound is great.

• Like 1