The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

Is anyone not worried about the fact that Mark Hoppus has forgotten how to write good catchy music? some of his recent work has been so fucking bland.

True!

That's the main problem going forward I guess.

Tom did most of the work on the previous records. Maybe Skibba has a positive Influence on him in that department if they start recording together.

Is anyone not worried about the fact that Mark Hoppus has forgotten how to write good catchy music? some of his recent work has been so fucking bland. 

Kaleidoscope, Fighting The Gravity, Hearts All Gone, Dogs Eating Dogs... I love all these songs.  Sure MH1232424324 was very meh, but other than that I've loved all his post reunion music.

It would be funny. But their best course of action is to move on and not care what he does.

I think they are at that point now. Let Tom do whatever he is going to do. Move forward. To get the best results from the new Blink 182 the focus should not be war with Tom Delonge. That would just be childish and I am sure Matt Skiba wants no part of that nonsense.

Spot on.

This is the key to me, and I've been thinking on it. I know that the members on Alkaline Trio are very discrete. I can't picture Matt going on the war-on-childish-manners wagon. I can't picture him in the middle of a situation like that. If he's on blink now, I'm pretty sure they are not going to mess with stupidity.

Matt also said in that Sirius interview that he is friends with all three of the guys from blink. He doesn't have a reason to hate on Tom like Mark and Travis do. And if Tom is mature and realizes this whole situation isn't Matt's fault in any way, Tom shouldn't have any reason to hate Matt either.

Edit: oh me and Ghent said the exact same thing I'm so embarrassed

• Like 1

Probably because he's a bassist, not a proper guitarist. That's what happens when your actual guitarist refuses to write riffs that aren't delayed space jams.

Exactly, its pretty dumb to call out the guitar on Mark songs when guitar has never been Mark's forte.  Look past the guitar in the post reunion Mark songs and you'll see some truly fantastic songs with some interesting directions that Mark wants for the band to explore.  I think Kaleidoscope is quite possibly one of their best songs ever, and that is primarily a Mark song, if we can expect music with that kind of sound and scope moving forward, but with the likes of Skiba on guitar and complimenting Mark's voice with his own, then I can't help but get genuinely excited about the future of this new blink.

Mark loves playing fast, Skiba loves playing fast... And travis.. Well, travis is travis.

I think this is the continuation of blink-182 and I cannot be anymore excited. Matt is the 100% right fit and I really think he will join, as long as danny and derek think its cool. Matt's heart is, and will always be with alk 3. Cannot wait for this, and for th cereal killers album skiba is releasing with mark.

Mark loves playing fast, Skiba loves playing fast... And travis.. Well, travis is travis.

I think this is the continuation of blink-182 and I cannot be anymore excited. Matt is the 100% right fit and I really think he will join, as long as danny and derek think its cool. Matt's heart is, and will always be with alk 3. Cannot wait for this, and for th cereal killers album skiba is releasing with mark.

I really doubt cereal killers is happening at this point.  The only reason Mark wanted to do that anyway was because blink was taking its sweet as time (same goes for Nothing and Nobody).  Now that they can do blink and Skiba is on board, Cereal Killers seems redundant and unnecessary.  But I do think the idea of that side project should be reason enough to think that Skiba will definitely join blink, he was already willing to do that side project with Mark, granted blink is a bigger commitment, but he's down to record with Mark, so I see no reason why he wont ultimately end up in blink, especially given how much he loves the band.

• Like 1

Matt also said in that Sirius interview that he is friends with all three of the guys from blink. He doesn't have a reason to hate on Tom like Mark and Travis do. And if Tom is mature and realizes this whole situation isn't Matt's fault in any way, Tom shouldn't have any reason to hate Matt either.

Edit: oh me and Ghent said the exact same thing I'm so embarrassed

don't forget what they said, they don't hate tom, they just don't like his attitude in relation to blink. their concern is valid.

(instead of admitting the truth tom rather talked about how he was betrayed by his bandmates, so he hates them now. well, from that point it can become mutual.)

• Like 1