The blink 182 general discussion topic

Aria

I never connected with All Time Low musically in terms of lyrics. They were more of a fun, pop punk band with super catchy hooks from Put Up or Shut Up, So Wrong It's Right, & Nothing Personal. What I loved so much about them was Jack & Alex's relationship. Reminded me so much of Mark & Tom's pre 2002. 

4 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

I fell in love with all time low when i was around 15, still really love Nothing Personal....that album has just killer hooks, and i've got memories from those songs.

dirty work was fun at times, Don''t panic had some fun tunes......

i just hate their latest work

so what you're saying is that you like their stuff pre Feldmann!

• Like 1

this solo is still so awesome...

i love how you can hear The cure influences on blink and side projects...

i don't really care for real solos but i find these simple melodies just amazing....2:38

those guns n roses solos and stuff..find it very boring. but i can get goosebumps from a melodic childish melody with some flange. thats why i love punkrock and 80s new wave shit like The Smiths,The Cure,New Order,Descendents,Screeching Weasel...

Also  why i really love coldplay and bands like that. same with blink....

those really cool melancholic and emotional riffs that are actually very easy for everyone.

-+44 - 155 solo

-All Of This bridge (so fucking cool)

-Stockholm Syndrome bridge with the high flanger guitar

-Another Girl solo

-San Diego Instrumental bridge

-ava - The Moon Atomic solo

those riffs are also 100% me, I would totallycome up with stuff like that in a heart beat :) 

• Like 4

Hey can anyone explain why certain professionally shot blink performances such as iHeartradio sound bad on audio? Is it the mixing? Extremely small "venue"? Band has to adjust playing style/volume? 

Im sure it was fine live, just like when blink in a 20000 seat amphitheater sounds amazing live and OK on audio recording

4 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Hey can anyone explain why certain professionally shot blink performances such as iHeartradio sound bad on audio? Is it the mixing? Extremely small "venue"? Band has to adjust playing style/volume? 

Im sure it was fine live, just like when blink in a 20000 seat amphitheater sounds amazing live and OK on audio recording

Pretty simple. 

For an example. One mic sounds HUGE on stage in an arena. But going through one channel mixing board into a computer does not. 

And you have to mix with the venue in mind but it may sound bad on its own

• Like 1

I don't get why Skiba plays that horrible metalic cold sound on I miss you during the verses...

that riff needs a warm tone, mostly clean but with a bit of distortion, little bit of bite. and a little reverb (flange would be cool but then it looks weird..that was toms thing)

but it would really help the song a lot live

this is random video i made,..i tried to emulate blinks sound post reunion or whatever...i pay some I Miss You parts...starting at 0:15

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

I don't get why Skiba plays that horrible metalic cold sound on I miss you during the verses...

that riff needs a warm tone, mostly clean but with a bit of distortion, little bit of bite. and a little reverb (flange would be cool but then it looks weird..that was toms thing)

but it would really help the song a lot live

this is random video i made,..i tried to emulate blinks sound post reunion or whatever...i pay some I Miss You parts...starting at 0:15

Skiba needs to put a capo on the 2nd fret for Down, I Miss You, and Violence- having the open B makes a world of difference. 

• Like 3